Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Stories

Old 05-16-2005, 03:32 AM
Active Pup

Exclamation peregrin took

how many LOTR fans here?
i was, enough to name the new member to our home peregrin took, or pippin. cute, huh? oh, no doubt about that. but i sometimes think a more mature character would have been better to make his name idol, as my pip - is pippin to the core. and i just can't shake the feeling that it's because of the name.

he's almost a year on and he acts like he's a week old. he still pees in the house sometimes, driving my dad to such insanity that my mum and i fear for pip's continuance in our house sometimes!

he's the most enthusiastic thing that i imagine exists. you mock slap him and he jumps back at you with a huge tongue-out-his-mouth grin - "yeah! let's play!"! ...you can yell as much as you like and the most you get out of him is a wondering expression with that slight tilt to the head that is so human, asking what all the commotion is about, which just makes you feel silly and nothing else. (!!)

then again, that stupid grin is what keeps him tight with us, 'cos of course we know that things would be dull indeed without it, and him.

so pip goes on pip-ping, and i go back to nodding my head at my selection of his name!
Old 05-16-2005, 07:51 AM
Trained by an Airedale

Hi and Welcome! I'm a big, big LOTR fan - I have read the book more times than I care to admit. I went through all the names before we got a dog, but when it came to it none of them seemed to quite suit her. Sounds like you've got the name spot on though - good excuse to get another and call it Merry! What kind of dog is he? Hope you can post some photos soon!

Old 05-16-2005, 07:54 AM
Felurian

LOL! What kind of dog is Pippin?

I know what you mean about the names. Charley named Shiva - and she's done her best to live up to her name: Shiva, the Great Destroyer! She's growing out of it now, as she's turned two years old, but for quite awhile she was a great big wrecking ball careening through the house!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Top Dog

I love the LOTR movies and books. (I read the books before I saw the movies.) I've picked out names from the book that would go with these dogs:
Male Rottie: Aragorn
Male Dobe: Legolas
Male Bulldog: Gimli
Any type of Terrier: one of the hobbits
Irsh Wolfhound: Gandalf
LOL
Old 05-16-2005, 10:35 AM
no touchy

I'm a huge LOTR fan. Read the books years before the movies came out (both are amazing).
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:46 PM
Big Mutts

Nother fan here, love the name. I ran acrossed (on another site) a basset hound named Gimli
Old 05-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Top Dog

wat does lotr mean?
Old 05-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Felurian

I remember when I got my first copy of Lord of the Rings. I got the set for Christmas when I was twelve. I finished them off in three nights, then started over again, savoring every word.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Big Mutts

Wow Renee I thought I read fast!
Old 05-16-2005, 10:47 PM
Felurian

LOL! The book I'd read before that was Atlas Shrugged. That one took me two nights . . .

The one that beat me, though, was War and Peace. That was the most BORING thing I ever tried to get through. I gave up on that one and got the Cliffs' Notes to study for the test in my World Lit class in high school. That's the only time I ever had to do that. Love Russian music - fall asleep over Russian literature, lol.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian