Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Top Dog

Talking Herding instincts?

I am walking Brady a couple of days ago, with Liz and Jenny too. We are walking along minding our own business, and well, I have to keep an eye ahead because if Brady gets wind of another dog (or dogs, or children) I have to brace myself for the full impact of his strength trying to pull me over there to greet whoever or whatever he wants to see. So I see a couple of miniature pinschers tied up in a front yard, but as I notice them, so does Brady and he gets down in this stance, kind of low to the ground, looking directly at them, and I don't think he was going to attack them, but I really truly think he was thinking about herding them together. Even Liz said, oh my, he looks like he is about to herd those dogs. It was so weird to see him do that on his own, but I guess he and I run into each other all day long in the house when he tries to herd me, and the poor cat too.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Felurian

That is one of the things that a good Pyr does!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Playful Husky Pup

Sounds like it to me . Noah, Heart, and Rooney do the same thing and like trying to herd me and the other dogs around. Because Chins are not only sled dogs even though thats what they were bred for but are great herding dogs as well infact on a few occasions my past pups have gone to homes where they would be herding dogs.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 04-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Felurian

Talented little beasties!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Top Dog

I have thought about putting him in those agility classes, but maybe I should a class like that that he enjoys. But he does love the agility stuff too. He loves running through the brush around the creek jumping over the tree limbs and into the creek.

But that was so great when I saw him do that. I love to see their natural instincts come out in them.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Don't encourage me..

Gus has been hurding up the ponies recently! Must be something in the air!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch