Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Puppy Dog

Default Why does my dog only listen when i am yelling

Hi

I have a almost 6 months old cavalier king charles and she only ever seems to listen me when i yell at her.

For example i was in the kitchen earlier today and she ran in, i told her to go, she took 2 steps back then came forward (she knows what go means), then i said it a bit louder and she left the kitchen and came straight back, then i yelled at her to go and she left.

Its the same with come, she will look at me and not move then when i say it in a stern voice she listens, i hate yelling at her is there any way i can get her to listen without yelling???
Old 04-06-2005, 09:46 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

she is doing what all my teenagers do..waiting to make sure i mean it..so respond on your first command..you might back up and redo a little obedience training.. I told my son if i just hollared first i could truly destress my life! think i could go back and redo obedience with him? Old boss's third rule for training your dog..never give a command you dont' enforce.