Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 10-16-2006, 10:40 PM
just call me Nilly

Default Found a kitten!

So let me preempt this by saying: There is no way I can keep a third cat. (I'm still trying to be sensible here, but I've fallen in love!)

I found a kitten in the bushes outside my house today. I was unloading my car, and heard mewing, mewed back and she came running out to me! She's young, my guess is about 10 weeks, MAYBE 12. She's VERY affectionate, very cuddly, and very very cute. I gave her a flea bath, because I didn't want her passing anything to my cats, and she had a few. Her ears are FILTHY. I have her seperated from the house, in a room set up just for her, but my two cats are sitting at the door trying to figure out who she is! I'm going to see if she's maybe escaped from home, put up some "Found kitten" signs in the area, before trying to find her a home myself

On to the pictures!!

She looks much bigger in the pictures than she actually is. Isn't she beautiful? She's really testing my willpower!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Who woulda thought <3

OMG..she is gorgeous...what an interesting coat colors I love it
Old 10-16-2006, 10:50 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Oh, how cute! Aww, keep her!

Old 10-16-2006, 11:00 PM
Top Dog

I love dilute calicos, she is a cutie!

For her ears, scruff her and put a few drops of mineral oil in each ear, rub it around a bit and then I would put her in a carrier or somewhere that is easy to clean because if you just let her go there in your living room or something she will shake her head and the ear dirt will go flying out.

Very important to scruff her while doing this if you don't want to get covered in ear dirt! Don't let her go until you can back off quickley. She will shake and scratch for a little while.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:14 PM
just call me Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalLoverCatRescuer View Post
I love dilute calicos, she is a cutie!

For her ears, scruff her and put a few drops of mineral oil in each ear, rub it around a bit and then I would put her in a carrier or somewhere that is easy to clean because if you just let her go there in your living room or something she will shake her head and the ear dirt will go flying out.

Very important to scruff her while doing this if you don't want to get covered in ear dirt! Don't let her go until you can back off quickley. She will shake and scratch for a little while.
I've got many different kinds of ear stuff around, as Nya has bad ears and I've tried hundreds of things to keep them clean. I'll do it first thing in the morning, since she's quieted down for bed now
Old 10-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillasugar View Post
So let me preempt this by saying: There is no way I can keep a third cat. (I'm still trying to be sensible here, but I've fallen in love!)
That is exactly what I said.....now I have 7.

She is gorgeous. Good luck finding her owner or a new home for her.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by opokki View Post
That is exactly what I said.....now I have 7.

She is gorgeous. Good luck finding her owner or a new home for her.
haha! me too! But I have 10 at the moment, 3 are fosters and one is sort of stuck in between. I really shouldn't keep another, but I will only rehome him if I know someone personally that would like him.