Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora171989 View Post
what's the name of the breeder you got her from?

psst.... she's a cutie putie sweetie pie!!!!
The guys name was Paul. They aren't into showing but they do work there dogs. The dogs had their health tests and passed and he showed me the paperwork and also copied it and sent a copy home with me. They were really nice people to deal with they were friendly and answered all my questions and then some plus asked me more questions than I can remember.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:29 AM
We are Home.

the one with her and emily is soooooooo cute!!!!!!

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefurry View Post

Here she is chewing on my sock that she stold from the dirty laundry:

That is too cute! She is soooo adorable. I've always wanted a BMD!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Pups View Post
That is too cute! She is soooo adorable. I've always wanted a BMD!
From what we have researched and from the couple days of experience they seem like good dogs. She's very mellow, and wants to make you happy. She does have a sort of independant personality and doesn't need to be entertained or played with constantly like Hannah does. The independence is a good thing though because I can get stuff done and not worry about ignoring her. If she needs attention she'll let me know but other than that she's content to just lay by my feet. If we do decide to get another berner after her we will more than likely look into a more reputable breeder who does show and everything just because of all the health concerns that go along with berners. We love her though and so so relieved that she is turning out to be a good puppy. I was so nervous that she would be too rambunctious with the kids or mouthy but she seems to know that she can't play like that with the kids.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Top Dog

Welcome to the wonderful world of Berners. Having lived with ours now for a little over 3.5 years, I can't imagine having any other breed.

I saw your prior post looking for information on Berners. You probably know all of this now, but you can go to http://www.bmdca.org/pages/Bernese_M...nfo_Series.php for lots of information about BMDs, ranging from care to activities that they are well suited for.

For what its worth, you might want to start enforcing a no puppy on the furniture rule now while she is still small. Berners cherish their lap time with the owners, and as big a dog and you may not always want her coming up into your lap when you are sitting on the furniture. Ours knows not to get up on us when we are sitting on the furniture. But all bets are off when we sit on the ground.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Felurian

She's just lovely, Julie! I don't know how I missed this thread . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFC1 View Post
Welcome to the wonderful world of Berners. Having lived with ours now for a little over 3.5 years, I can't imagine having any other breed.

I saw your prior post looking for information on Berners. You probably know all of this now, but you can go to http://www.bmdca.org/pages/Bernese_M...nfo_Series.php for lots of information about BMDs, ranging from care to activities that they are well suited for.

For what its worth, you might want to start enforcing a no puppy on the furniture rule now while she is still small. Berners cherish their lap time with the owners, and as big a dog and you may not always want her coming up into your lap when you are sitting on the furniture. Ours knows not to get up on us when we are sitting on the furniture. But all bets are off when we sit on the ground.
Thanks. I have that websited bookmarked and visit it often. We have actually started the no furniture rule a couple days after we got her. I started asking Mark to build stairs so she can get in and out of our bed without having to jump! That's when Mark said no more sitting on the couch, or sleeping in the bed with us . She does love sitting in our laps though, if you get down on the floor she's all up in your lap.

Quote:
She's just lovely, Julie! I don't know how I missed this thread . . .
Thanks! We do really love her I think that I have relaxed enough around her. I'm still so worried about losing another dog but I'm getting over that. Mark knows after what we paid for her that she is not going anywhere.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Top Dog

That is a gorgeous puppy.