Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Top Dog

Default 4 year old takes dog for walk at 3 am!!

Check out this story!

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Stor...5-003/page.asp

Old 04-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Don't encourage me..

Awwwww, I know for sure that if I was out with Gus I would be perfectly safe even at 3 am!
How could her mother not have woken up? She must be a deep sleeper!!
Glad that there are still people out there who care enough to call the cops!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Felurian

Now that's cute - but her Mom will probably never sleep well again!

The dog has kind of a Pit X look to it, doesn't it?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Island dweller

lol and THAT is why my mom put a chain on our door. I was a sleepwalker.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Top Dog

Kids can be so amazing at the little thoughts they get in their heads. I am so glad it turned out well. Knowing that, it is pretty cute and funny. I am sure her dog was taking good care of her.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Active Pup

OMG! Ok my kid is 5 and couldn't even try to walk our dog. And that dog was big!!! I can not believe that. insane!
Old 04-05-2005, 06:02 PM
no touchy

LOL!!! That's so silly!! Little kids .

Yeah, it looks like a Pit....so cute.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:50 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

that child should have known her phone number and her address by that age.,and her first and last name, as well as her mothers' and or father's address. I am glad that children's services is ivestigating. To me that is a frighting story. My son was an escape artist..we had to put locks on all the inside doors and windows..i caught the boy on a chair (at 2) with the BROOM using the handle to pop the eye hook at the top of the door. This is a very very bad world full of intensly mentally ill people that are especially the ones to be up at that time of night..and usually well enibriated too.
That gave me the shivers.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:00 PM
Puppy Dog

It says police searched for more than an hour to find her home.........Didnt the dog have tags to look up an address? I agree the child should have known her address at that age. At least her moms name or phone #......... something.

I bet mom doesnt sleep well again. How frightening to have your child out on the streets alone at that hour.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:20 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

if the child didn't even know the phone number..or her parents name..i am not suprised the dog had no tags. There was a 3 yr old found out last night..was grabbed and then tossed out the van (and of course they ran over the child's arm) the child is going to be ok..but man oh man the kids i have taken home..it just does make me shiver. At the apartment complex i foudn 2 yr old KOKO out by the pool (the gate had been left open) at 1 am..at my burned house i found a toddler in my front yard and walked up and down the street for about 15 minutes before a panicky dad ran out. Aaron escaped one time at the apartments.they went around a central courtyard that had sidewalks that went in a square. He was riding his hotwheel buck naked (his favorite style at that time) at 6 am in the morning. He was returned by a neighbor when i discovered he had chicken poxs. It is not uncommon for one to escape ONCE, but to not know at 5 the crucial info is bad. Hyia knows my phone number as well as mom's..her address, my mother's full name and mine. That is just common sense that you start teaching that as soon as they can talk. She knows 911 too and when it is appropriate to use it. I had a shoe tag for Aaron because he was a late talker and a monster for thinking he could do things he wasn't old enough to even try. you never took your eyes off that boy for one second..when he was 2 he got up before i did (4:30 am to be exact) snuck out of his room, got the lb jar of vasoline out of the bathroom..coated his whole body in it..the front of the fishtank, the tv, and the low windows and then poured a box of birdseed on his head. That is when i had to put a hook and eye on his door. I know you are not suppose to but i didn't know what else to do. I left my husband shortly after this and just slept in the same room as he did until he was a bit older and more trust worthy. He would start following a robin and nothing else would enter his focus..he would wander right out of the yard without realizing it.