Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Active Pup

Default How to find a mate for my dog (Husky)

I am searching for a mate for my dog, but i dont know how to....go by.
do ppl find mate for their dog?.....
Old 04-05-2005, 12:18 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

have you had a litter before..and why are you wanting to breed your dog?
Old 04-05-2005, 01:03 PM
Felurian

You need to have a long talk with Love4Pits.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Not crazy...

You don't need to breed yours dogs. Think puppies are cute at shelters? What about dead puppies? Still cute?

Buster, 11 weeks
Old 04-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Not crazy...

There are already enough puppies at shelter and having the be put down. You really dont need to add.

Buster, 11 weeks
Old 04-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Top Dog

Please heed the above posts. It's a long expensive process . If you have specific causes to pursue this, please list them for us so we can advise you through each one.Do you have a male or a female ?? Age ?? Certifications ?? etc etc.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Top Dog

Before you try to find a mate for your dog there are a few things that you should consider, (1) is your dog worth breeding off? has it been assessed by judges at championship level and consistantly been placed? (2) have you had all relevant medical checks done ie.eyes hips thyroid etc and did it pass? (3) are you trying to breed for the better of the breed? (4) are you prepared to have the puppies returned to you should the new owners not be able to cope with a husky.if you answered yes to the first then you would have been in the presence of many other husky owners who you could have discussed this with, so by asking on here this indicates that you have not been showing your dog successfully and therfore not met these people. If you answered no to number 2 then you should not attempt to breed til these have been done. if you answered yes to number three then you are misleading yourself as you dont know you are breeding for the better of the breed as you do not know if your dog would contribute to the breed as it has not been assessed by experts in the showring. If you answered no to number 4 then you should not breed, rescues are overloaded with huskies that have been abandond. There are thousands of huskies about now they are not a rareity as they once was, to contribute to these overstretched rescues is irrisponsible.

Mo
Old 04-05-2005, 02:52 PM
Island dweller

What do you mean by mate? I'm getting my dogs a girlfriend (maybe) but they are all fixed. But if you are thinking about breeding I hope you have thought it through.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Playful Husky Pup

I am a Dog breeder of Siberian Huskies and Chins. And to tell you the truth is is an expensive lifestyle. I only breed two dogs a year and sometimes only one and also one ***** is only bred 3 times in her life time. All of my pups have homes before their even conceived and born and a contract stating i MUST have contact with the pups new family through out atleast the first year of life so if there are any problems i can help. My contract also stats that once of age the pups must be spayed and or neutered and the documents proving so must be supplied to me or i will confinscate the pup and have it fixed myself or if theres a problem I will refund their money spent on there pup. Also each and every pup i sell if not doing well with their new family must be returned to me and not a shelter or family friend.

When the breeding is down I first off have the ***** and dog vet checked to make sure hips and other possible pyhisical problems are in check. If either not has so much as a small problem or is'nt perfect it is'nt bred and is spayed or neutered right there or asap. This is expensive and a seriouse thing. When the ***** is in eat i breed them 4 times through her heat cycle the breeding dogs are not left alone for one minute one second nope nada. Once her heat cycle is finnished the ***** is tested and sonogramed to see if breeding is successful (this is expensive as well).

If it is confirmed the ***** is pregnant there are constant check ups and special diet the pregnant dog goes on. During this time im putting the welping bed together with a heating lamp and doggy first aid and lots of towls on hand. When it comes time for the pups i ALWAYS have someone stay with me so i am not alone if there is a problem i also have the vets number on hand and am about 20 minutes from the vet. When puppies are born you have to be prepared for the worst for example still borns, physically handicapped pups, green pups, and a dieing mum. I havent had any of this happen to me yet but have seen it happen in the past and its not pleasent.

Also be prepared for mum maybe to not accept the pups (or if mum passes on) you will be hand raising these pups are ready for that? I responsible breeder will also social with the pups and take them for their first shots and used to eating healthy foods. This all costs tons of money.

In all the money you make from selling the pups will not make up for all the money you put into it if you do it responsibly.

Don't do it you don't sound in anyway prepared for this. PLease leave it to the professionals and responsible breeders like myself. We have the time, money, and facilities to do it right.

Please please rethink this.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 04-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Top Dog

Love4Pits....I did the same...except had a box ready with a heating pad to put the pups in as other were being whelped. I always lined the whelping box with a quilt so that both the Mom and puppy had traction. What a wet gookie mess this would be !!! It was always such a good feeling when all was over...and Mom and babies were all snuggled in a nice clean warm bed. ( 4 hrs to 12 hours later)