Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 12-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Very Food Agressive

I got my new little girl from https://www.puppypawsrescue.com/Home_Page.html which is just one small family working to help get out young puppies/kittens as well as pregnant females so they have a chance. They're in Raleigh, NC and I found them through petfinder. They also try to help out dogs with health problems( One dog in treatment that got adopted was HW+) They're great people who required spaying, vaccinations and monthly updates on their adopted pets. It makes me happy to know they'll always care about our baby as much as we do!

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Very Food Agressive

This is one I thought would have been in here but didn't come up when I searched soooo...

Deaf Dog Education Action Fund!

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Top Dog

Lost Dog and Cat Rescue Foundation

I've volunteered here for 2+ years, and we adopted Junior from them. Very simple adoption process; fill out a form, then they ask you about the answers you put on it, then you take home your dog/cat straight from the adoption event UNLESS you are adopting a bully breed or a dog with an exception, they may do a home visit, but not often.
They always need fosters and volunteers, there are 100+ dogs in their kennels at any given time. They mainly pull from high kill southern shelters, only have great dogs for adoption. Highly recommended.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:59 AM
Top Dog

In Ontario:

Anml Resq:
ANML-RESQ - Rescue for Animal Victims of Bill 132 | Phone us at 416-256-1DOG for more information.

Highly recommended. They are a very knowledgeable group of people. They are also a registered non-for profit organization of Ontario. They take really good care of all the dogs that are pulled from kill shelteres, owner surrenders, etc.

Basset Hound Rescue of Ontario:
Basset Hound Rescue of Ontario, Canada - Bassets Available for Adoption

This rescue is also really reputable. The people who run it are very down to earth and do not talk down to you (like many other rescues I have sopken to in the past) Very nice people who also really care for the well-being of all the rescues thay get.

In Quebec:

Gerdy's Rescue:
Gerdy's Rescues & Adoptions

I was refered to Anml-Resq by Gerdy's. These people are also very nice and care a great deal for their organization and take really good care of all the dogs they get as well.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:06 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Cherished Cockers is the wonderful rescue that I'm fostering for
The website really does not do them justice, they are the kindest, caring people.

And if your looking for a cocker in other areas, zims forum is a place where rescues sort of network to try and help the dogs as much as they can. Its neat to read some of the work. Its like 1/16th of what is actually done, but there are almost always pics
Plus you can see dogs that are avaliable through rescues that are not on petfinder yet (as they are still being evaluated, or getting vetted, etc)
Zim Family Cocker Spaniel Forum • View forum - Cocker Rescue

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 08-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Big Dog

its good to see this kind of organization really give proper attention to dogs that really deserves it.. i mean all dogs deserve proper care and attention.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Active Pup

I will now in use this, it is really good....

This is wonderful to read and pretty interesting and SQL server is nice and thanks for sharing. I like spam. Spam and eggs. Spam, spam, spam, spam. Run away! Run away! Didja know? I'm a lumberjack and that's okay, I work all night and sleep all day . . . and I dress in wimin's clothing.

Last edited by Renee750il; 09-16-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Lady's Hope Dog Rescue

Default Rescue Organizations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
It's occured to me, after Smkie's experience with Fido Finder, that a thread indexing reputable, ethical pet finder/rescue sites would be a good resource.

I'll sticky this thread, and you start posting links to sites, along with any personal experiences you might have with them.
Ladys Hope Dog Rescue is newly organized, but the founder has been in the rescue business for years. The latest rescue is a young female pittie that lived all of her years on a chain till now. Two years of trying to change her life finally paid off. That is tenacity!

Another is Petfinder Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder. However, they are not really an organzation per se, but a clearing house of organizations. In other words Rescue, most if not all their listings are pulled from other organizations. Petfinders does require credentials such as 501c3 / non profit designation, which gives some degree of credibility.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Active Pup

I volunteer for Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue: Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue - Serving MN, WI, SD, ND, IA

UMGDR bases many of their policies and procedures on RAGOM's Retrieve a Golden of Minnesota - Rescue & re-home Golden Retrievers. One of our founding members was a volunteer with them and got us going with their help.

I have adopted cats from RPAW Rescued Pets Are Wonderful and Second Chance Animal Rescue | Home. Both were very nice to work with.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Top Dog

here is the rescue we adopted Eli from:

Welcome to Reach Out Rescue & Resources

They're in Westminster Md which is the Baltimore area. They bring dogs, and a few cats, from shelters in rural areas with not much demand, to our area where it is easier to find adopters. They also place dogs from one of those programs where prison inmates train them. They took wonderful care of Eli, his mother and his littermates, and I would recommend them.