Pit Bull Rescues:
Rescue group that I work with: www.arsoutherndogrescue.org --She will pull any dog from LRAS (high kill shelter in LR, AR) . Her PF site has all the LRAS dogs on it: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/asdr-lras.html
--ASDR is a great rescue
Pit- you left off this one for Memphis, TN: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/he...pitrescue.html
We rescued a great beagle last summer from Lucky Ones in Southern Maryland. Lucky Ones is a small shelter rescue group.
And are picking up a beagle/basset mix from BROOD this week. BROOD is a bassett rescue organization.
The best shelter in southern NJ/Philly is the Animal Welfare Association, a private shelter that's been around since at least the 1960's. Great service, and they keep improving. The staff really knows the animals. They do thorough vet care as a matter of course, have trained volunteers who start obedience work on dogs, etc. And they're very nice. I got a phone call from the director about a week after I adopted my last dog; she was just checking in to see how Hen was settling in.
Casablanca1 - that's about an hour west of where I live. Thanks. I have been thinking about a rescue for the future.
Our Association need help
Dear My Friends!
Our dog rescue community (http://www.lelenc.hu) need a little help. We have participated to a voting, where the first three place get support from a beer company named "Brau Union Hungária Sörgyárak Nyrt". We are at place 4, so we need some help (vote), that is why we are ask for your help. The end of voting is at today midnight. If you would be so kind to vote our association we would be so grateful to you!
How you can vote for us? Here are the steps:
1. - Open http://www.asopronibudapestert.hu/
2. - There will be a picture with 4 guy. Click to the IGEN button at the left bottom of the pic.
3. - On the next screen, you will see the placement at the top right.
4. - You have to register to the site, but we hope that it isn't problem for you.
5. - Click to the REGISZTRÁCIÓ button at the top of the site (the third button from right with a little pencil icon).
6. - On the following screen, you have to fill a form with your datas.
Teljes név: this is your full name
Felhasználói név: this is your user name
Jelszó: your password
Jelszó meger***337;sítés: your password again
Email cím: your e-mail address
And also, you have to check the two checkbox at the bottom of the form.
If you are done, click on the Elküldés/Submit button.
7. - Soon You will get an e-mail from the site.
8. - Open the e-mail. In the e-mail, there is a link with the following text: Kérjük kattintson ide az e-mail cím hitelesítéshez. Click on it.
9. - The link will direct you back to the beer company's page.
10. - Click to the BELÉPÉS button (the second button from right with an arrow icon)
11. - Fill the form:
Azonosító: your username
Jelszó: your password
Then submit the form.
12. - If you are logged in, then you will get back to the main page. On the right side at the placement, click to the name of our association "Lelenc Kutyament***337; Egyesület".
13. - On the next page you can vote three times by clicking to the SZAVAZOK button (the button with pipe icon).
I hope you will help us with your votes.
If you have any question feel free to write us: [email protected]
Thank you very much: Zsolt Albert - Lelenc Dog Rescue Association
There are plenty of good rescues here in Ohio:
Planned Pethood, in Swanton, OH (close to Toledo)
I have to plug my own rescue, of course: GO Boxer Rescue (formerly Greater Ohio Boxer Rescue)
Golden Retriever Rescue:
Australian Cattle Dog rescue, Michigan
Great Dane rescue:
Maltese and Shih Tzu Rescue - Lisa is wonderful!
Rescue Boxers are Adoptable Love
I'm working with http://www.paphaven.org/. We're always looking for more volunteers.
http://www.russellrescue.org/ for ontario. Though they pull from all over, and will adopt out of province. Great people, be prepared to answer some tough questions. Always needs fosters. Very active rescue.
http://www.bordercollierescueont.com/ the couple who run this are fantastic! I have met some of the dogs. They work very hard to help this breed. When I get a BC it will be from this rescue (Check out Skip's page)