Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Stories

Old 10-14-2006, 12:37 AM
cindr

Thumbs up Rebel saves my husband in house fire

Well as stated I have had a lot of dogs in my lifetime. Many I would own and may I would train. Well I had a male gsd that would become a Police K-9 Service dog Rebel; but he would do a good thing at home before he went off to work;

Well here goes; We lived in a 4 bedroom farm house older one at that. I had left to go and get my check and get groceries. Well upon my return I would see fire trucks and ambulances every where. Right in front of my home. Oh well I said. I went to go into the yard and I was refused entry, Okay, now I go to the neighbors home to park and sneek around to get to my home.

Well any how what had happened was The up stairs of our home had started on fire and my husband was home. I left Reb down stairs. Well the dog had jumped over the half door and began to scream and dive on the door to the front room. My husband got up to see what was the problem. Well he found out right away. When he went to the back room door. He would find Reg in a down stay to get away from the smoke from the burning house. My husband ran the out to the kennel called the fire department. We did lose everything material wise but hey we still had each other. Thanx a load Reb you were the best dog ever
Old 10-14-2006, 08:03 AM
BusterLove

aww. what a cool dog. good job rebel

Old 10-14-2006, 08:47 AM
cindr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose_s View Post
aww. what a cool dog. good job rebel
Thanx he was such a man. I miss him so. But hey he went off to the O.P.P in 1989 and accomplished even more. The dog was a God Send
Old 10-26-2006, 12:55 AM
mindi

I liked your srory, ur dog sounded so special, just like my Princess. I like nice stoiries not bad ones. I love my dog just because she iss specialk, but I know that, is why you loved your dog hn was special. Nice story
Old 02-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Puppy Dog

thats is so sweet