Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-04-2005, 08:39 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Bronki was always my special..i have found it hard to be "loyal" to more than two,,never felt i could give enough affection to all of them equally and at the same time..one was always my special no matter how hard i tried not to show it, but there are two of you. I understand how Mikey could feel...mary was a bit bent out of shape when Shaffer came in, i let her know she is still and always the most wonderful woman in the world, but if Shaff had stayed the balance would have shifted..i just came in from outside..burning up some twigs and cooked Mary and Vic a hot dog.(which Vic spat out until he saw Mary wanted it) .the air is so soft yet it is 76 degrees and dusk out..wonderful play time. She and Vic played tag, and then tug..with some retrieving and a lot of keep away..if shaffer were here, Mary would not have joined in. She could not manage two younger dogs and it would be against her nature of being a wall flower. It does my eyes good to see white and black together in the dusk again..i think it would have been with Bronki's blessing too..but not if he was alive. I could not have had victor here for Bronki wouldn't have tolerated it at all. He was 100 percent an alpha male. He would not have fought because he knew that was a NO. but he would have been miserable. I hope Mikey takes to her..since it is a her that might be easier. My lab Charlie would like a little girl dog hanging out with us too..that was fun and fine with him, but another male would have been out of the question and he would never give up "place".
Old 04-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Island dweller

Yeah, I want them to have a girlfriend too.

I'll make sure that Mikey still gets lots of attention and knows he's still our guy. We're going to take them all for a walk on Friday. i think being away from the shelter will be better. Mikey DOES NOT like it there. He came from there and I think he's a little afraid he'll be left behind.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:48 PM
Top Dog

Wow, that's exciting. I can't imagine 3 dogs, but I think that's because the 3 kids are almost too much! LOL!

Old 04-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Felurian

What can I say? 'Tres' bien!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Island dweller

short and simple.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Jerk.

Thats a cute girl. Right now 2 dogs is hard thankfully one is the roommates. Once I ge tthe yard fenced I could probably deal with more than one by myself.

Good luck during the week, I pulling for Mikey liking her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 04-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Big Mutts

Congrats, she is very pretty. I hope she fits right in. I'm with Smkie though, one at a time for us anymore. My Smokey and Our Carey really just tolerated eachother. Carey didn't get socialized enuff with other dogs(my fault) she is very dominant and I wouldn't want to put that on a pup.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:37 AM
Top Dog

Good for you ! I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that Mikey behaves himself
Old 04-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Don't encourage me..

How could Mikey not love her?! She's very cute!!! Good luck!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Island dweller

She is cute. But Mikey is Mikey. lol I'm not worried about having three dogs. I work from home and have a decent sized fenced yard. Plus, we live close to the 'country' where we go for long walks along the river and sometimes in the river. And then the horses coming...