Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-12-2006, 05:31 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chul3l3ies1126 View Post
The sad thing is, when u all make a big fuss over what a persons mutt is called, you all make yourselves look like you think the only good dog is a pure breed dog. I'm really sorry, but thats wut it looks like, its sad, a dog is a dog no matter what. Just because you all have a pure breed you all can be proud to say what kind of dog it is, but when someone has a mutt, and its a mix of something and they just want to shorten the name, its a BIG **** DEAL... I think everyone just needs to get over it. Like that other person said, every dog deserves a chance. I have 2 Labradors mixed with doberman. We joke and call it a Labramen, but we dont dwell on it. Not all of us are so into breeding a NEW BREED. We just happen to have a shelter dog, or an "accident puppy". Its sad how a lot of ppl these days dont want mutts. It was the Grand Opening of the new PetSmart here by my house, and the Animal Shelter brought puppies and dogs to get adopted out, guess which ones went first!!?? all the pure breeds. sigh... i'm not saying you all [I]are[I] like that, but man, why hate that some ppl have mutts and not pure breeds? And why hate what we call them? The one thing i do hate tho, is someone who tries to make a new breed. Some ppl are really dumb nowadays. Thats wrong, but when its a mutt that was brought here just because of nature, then great.

What you are refusing to understand is that MANY of us here have mutts. By getting angry over giving them designer names we are in no way bashing mutts. We are just wanting to halt the progression of stupidity. If you give them "cool" names all that will result in is the Paris Hilton wannabes demanding these dogs from "breeders" instead of shelters so that they come with the name. Hence flooding the market with mutts when there are plenty available at shelters that need a second chance.

Would you perfer to get say, an orange for a decent price from a grocer or would you want to get the very same fruit, but given a fancy name, say... Organic sun fruit, for 5 time the price from your local health food store, it is the same thing. Try and look past the net thrown up for the stupid and see what is really going on here!

It sounds to me, by reading a few of your posts, that you have some sort of chip on your shoulder about mixed breeds. You need to get over that and see the wood for the trees here.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:15 AM
Puppy Dog

http://dogs.about.com/cs/breedprofil...ng_of_mutt.htm

Jim Willis Story.

'Nuff said...

Gillian
Old 10-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Puppy Dog

AWWWW, that story made me cry! I'm glad I have a M.U.T.T.!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Twin 2.0

Aww, that's cute! My "Lilliputian Rottweiler" fits right in.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:16 AM
Angel Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiepeia View Post

So...once again I say, Stand tall and be proud you have a mutt!
I won't lie! I have a beautiful... umm... JackaChi!

Haha... I am joking, Kona is my mutt, heinz 57, whatever you wanna call her, and nothing will change that! I have never owned a purebreed in my life, and to tell you the truth, probably never will. I'm nuts for mutts!

So once again, be proud that you have a MUTT... don't hide their true selves behind a stupid name.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Twin 2.0

When I had my dobie mix, I would tell people jokingly that she was a "purebred mutt" because we had no real idea what made her up. And so many people would go "no she's not, she's either a purebred or a mutt, she can't be both." At that point I would just roll my eyes and tell them they missed the point.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Top Dog

That was great , Gillian !!! I just hugged my mutt, Ollie . Or should I say my CUR ..... curly unusual retriever ..... or my Goldenchessie ....

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 10-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian View Post

Jim Willis Story.

'Nuff said...

Gillian
that was a awsomely sweet and touching thanks for sharing
Old 10-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Arrow

Quote:

Jim Willis Story.

'Nuff said...

Gillian
I really loved that. It gave me warm fuzzies. I love my mutts.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:43 PM
Yee Wee Beastie

Smile

Quote:

Jim Willis Story.

'Nuff said...

Gillian
I love that story....I'm glad my family and I aren't the only people that make up breed names for our dog. My dad has this adorable dog and everyone keeps asking us what kind of dog he is. We call him our Miniature Longhaired Siberian Bullhound. Whenever we tell people that, they are very impressed that we own such a rare dog. But he is rare! He's one of a kind!

Kirby face!!!!

Thanks to stevinski for this awesome siggie!