Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-04-2005, 04:31 PM
~x0x:::<3

Question Help me pick a dog breed! Please!

Hi! I have been searching for months for a perfect dog breed for me, and STILL cannot find one! Please help.
My info:
I want a toy or teacup sized dog
I want a non-yappy dog, something quiet
I want a fairly inexpensive and easy-to-find dog
I want a dog who is not too agressive or active, a pal to just cuddle with and play with a bit
No small children or other dogs are around
Plenty of room, but there can also be a small area shut off for the dog
I have work for 6 hours, so it would be alone, but would recieve lots of kisses and attention after that
Please help out a confuzzled girl
Thxx
Skylar
Old 04-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Not crazy...

Most all toy, or teacup dogs are expensive, and yappy. I wouldnt get a puppy if its going to be alone for 6 hours most days. You may want one really bad, but thats not fair to the pup, at that crucial stage of its life. Thats all I can say. Other wise most little toy dogs like being lap dogs, and dont really need a big yard as much as a big dog would, so you good there.

Buster, 11 weeks
Old 04-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Top Dog

What about going to your local pound/animal shelter and asking the people there which dogs they have that need adopting and might be suited to living with you?

Lucy

~ My Blog ~
Old 04-04-2005, 05:16 PM

Unhappy

You dont understand..

Last edited by ~x0xSky; 04-04-2005 at 05:18 PM. Reason: double post
Old 04-04-2005, 05:17 PM

Unhappy

Although I agree with the fact that adoption is a loving choice, I consider buying the best choice for me. Plus, I mean yappy is allright, but I do not want somethig as high-strung and yappy chi. When I mean expensive, I mean, lets look for under $500
Old 04-04-2005, 05:39 PM
Not crazy...

That's unfair to a puppy in my opinion. What child would like to be left alone for 6 hours to entertain themselves? None. Buying may be a good choice to you, but consider if it is a good choice to the pup.

Also with the yappy-ness, it can depend on the dog. Iv met yappy high strung chi's, and quiet laid back ones. (Just using chi's as an example)

Buster, 11 weeks
Old 04-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Top Dog

I think we do understand, but dogs are like humans, they have their own little personalities, so although breeds have their general characteristics, its difficult to pin down the 'perfect' dog for you based on a breed type.

Twice I've gone along to the pound with the 'perfect' breed in mind, and twice I've come home with a dog completely different, but both dogs have been loved and have become a very good friend

If you buy a puppy and leave him on his own for 6 hours you're probably going to struggle because puppies are excited by everything new, usually want to be part of everything and want to explore their little worlds...usually that means saying goodbye to furniture they've chewed on, shoes, and anything else they've taken a liking to. An older dog who's used to being on his own for a few hours might just fit into your lifestyle a whole lot easier

Lucy

~ My Blog ~
Old 04-04-2005, 07:44 PM

Angry ok...

I understand that animal cruelty is an issue, and that can be discussed on another board, however on MY board, MY question is not getting answered ! please only post reponses to my question from now on
Old 04-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Top Dog

You asked for our OPINION... and you're GETTING IT. Just because you don't agree with it and are getting all snippy back at us because of it, don't blame us. It is VERY UNFAIR to get a puppy and leave it alone and think you're getting a great dog. You're just asking for trouble -- a.k.a. yipping, hyperness, etc. So, if you don't like our advice, maybe you need to find another board.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

i think you should goto an shelter and get a slighty older dog thats trained and youll also know the size its goona be and its temperment good luck and dont yell at me for giving my opinion