Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Silence! I ban you!

I'm realistically probably just nit-picking. The height thing that's throwing me off is probably the actress that plays Claire being taller.

I like the series and think they've done a good job so far after watching the first two episodes.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
I'm realistically probably just nit-picking. The height thing that's throwing me off is probably the actress that plays Claire being taller.

I like the series and think they've done a good job so far after watching the first two episodes.
Yeah I get that. I really like her for Claire but it is unfortunate that she's so tall! I think Claire in the books is 5'6'' so Jamie towers over her.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:03 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
Yeah I get that. I really like her for Claire but it is unfortunate that she's so tall! I think Claire in the books is 5'6'' so Jamie towers over her.
I've been hanging around you ladies too much. My first reaction to the height difference was that Jamie is too short when it should have been Claire is too tall.

First reaction - blame the man
Old 08-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
I've been hanging around you ladies too much. My first reaction to the height difference was that Jamie is too short when it should have been Claire is too tall.

First reaction - blame the man

To be fair, though, the rest of the cast seems pretty tall too so I can see how overall it could just seem like Jamie isn't tall enough
Old 08-27-2014, 08:40 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

I just started reading "The Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage" by Haruki Murakami. It's wonderful so far.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

The Cobweb Bride trilogy by Vera Nazarian... I found the first book free on Bookbub and got hooked... I can't leave it alone!!!

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Behavior Nerd

I just finished the All Souls trilogy, now I'm starting on "Yellow Crocus".

Old 09-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Never Fade

I currently reading three books. I am just about done with City Of Heavenly Fire (Mortal Instrustments #6)...I am pretty much reading that because I was obsessed with the series when it first came out and own all the other books...While I love the character interaction in this book the story/plot itself is just kinda "meh".

I am also reading "Elegy" by Amanda Hocking and that is the 4th and final installment in her "Watersong" series. Yeah it's another YA novel lol sue me. I actually really enjoy all of Hockings work.

And last but not least I am rereading "A Study In Scarlet" by Arthur Conan Doyle.

(Thanks to JazzyTheSibe for the sig)

Morrison- 5 year old Lab/Beagle/Basset Hound mix
Fae- 2 year old Chihuahua/Yorkshire Terrier mix
Leia- 5 1/2 month old Chihuahua/Toy Fox Terrier mix
Old 09-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
I just finished the All Souls trilogy, now I'm starting on "Yellow Crocus".
Haha, I went to look up this trilogy because it sounded like something I would like...and I totally just finished it too! I had no idea that was the trilogy name
Old 09-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Just finished "Tiem Machine" by Alex Hansen. He's dating a friend of mine, so I was required to read it, but it was very enjoyable.

http://www.amazon.com/Tiem-Mechine-A.../dp/B00MVEWYES

And my review that I left on Amazon:
Quote:
I downloaded this book the recommendation of a friend and was not disappointed. We meet Kenny, a normal guy with normal guy issues. He's insecure, has been dumped by his girlfriend and also lost his job. When given the opportunity, he attempts to go back in time to make a small change, hoping it will correct his situation. It doesn't work out that way, though. With multiple timelines merging together and Kenny's from all over the space-time continuum popping up at every turn, the author does a good job of painting a mental picture of the scene. At the same time, the author address Kenny's tendency to look backward instead of toward the future, giving the reader some "food for thought" in the midst of the entertainment. While time travel has been "done to death", the treatment of the subject is good. Hansen doesn't try to go into complicated explanations of quantum physics, he merely treats time travel as another character in the story, which is quite refreshing. I especially liked the way they treated the multiple timelines and reconciling changes in the past to the way the future plays out.

It's an easy read with humorous banter between the characters to keep the narrative moving. My biggest knock would be what I would deem gratuitous use of the "f bomb" throughout the book in the dialogue between the characters. I am an adult and not easily offended, but the course language would make me think twice about recommending this to younger teens, which is a shame because I think my 14 year old daughter would enjoy the story.

4 stars out of 5 for a very entertaining read