Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-25-2014, 07:57 AM
Wookie Collie

I mentioned to my BF's family last night that despite loving the movie and Hunter S. Thompson, I never read Fear and Loathing. His dad loaned me his copy. Halfway through it now and somehow I still haven't had strange dreams. Haha.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 03-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
A good friend of mine that has always had pretty much the exact same taste in books as I do asked me the other day if I had read that series. She was reading the first one and really liked it.

It's on my to read and getting moved up now that I know more people that like it!
Yeah, read it! I was very uncharacteristically having issues really getting into books for a while there, I went through 3 or 4 and just didn't get hooked. So it was extra nice to get totally involved with these ones. I stayed up really late reading again last night, they're messing with my sleep!

Quote:
Some of my favorite scenes ever are in that series too.....have you gotten to the invention of the MacHalo? I literally loled which is rare for me in a book...to the point I had tears running down my face. I actually cried during a couple scenes too, again, a very rare thing...just so good. I do not have them on my nook as I got them predigital but am SO tempted to get them anyways. Darn it, now I need to go hunt them up to read yet again lol

eta: Happy early bday to me, just bought the bundle lol
Yes, I loved the MacHalo haha! Particularly when Barrons walks in on her dancing around wearing it, I definitely laughed out loud.

I'm just over halfway through the last one. Really curious to see how everything is resolved! But I also don't want them to end. Do I try to draw it out or just get it over with?? I hate the end of a good series
Old 03-25-2014, 12:41 PM
Got Floof?

I just finished Words of Radiance. Brandon Sanderson is the man of my dreams.

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Old 03-25-2014, 12:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post

I'm just over halfway through the last one. Really curious to see how everything is resolved! But I also don't want them to end. Do I try to draw it out or just get it over with?? I hate the end of a good series
Finish it...but I am bad at rushing through to get to the end as fast as possible. However, the series isnt really over. Dani's series has started which is a continuation of the fever world, first book is out, second was already pushed back a year...but Barrons, Mac, etc are featured in them as well.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Finish it...but I am bad at rushing through to get to the end as fast as possible. However, the series isnt really over. Dani's series has started which is a continuation of the fever world, first book is out, second was already pushed back a year...but Barrons, Mac, etc are featured in them as well.
I have awful self control when it comes to books, so I will undoubtedly be finished it today. That is really good to hear that it's not totally over though, phew!

Have you read her Highlander series? I have it on my kindle so I'll start that next I think. Curious if it is as good...
Old 03-25-2014, 03:20 PM
Top Dog

Only read one or two of them...was not really that impressed but I read them before the fever series so I have debated going back and reading them again to see if I like them better....IMO no where near the fever series though.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Only read one or two of them...was not really that impressed but I read them before the fever series so I have debated going back and reading them again to see if I like them better....IMO no where near the fever series though.
Aww, shucks Well I suppose I'll give them a shot after I'm finished with these. I think I'll reread the Fever series, too, after a while. There are only some books that I like to reread, and these will definitely be on that list.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBark View Post
I just finished Words of Radiance. Brandon Sanderson is the man of my dreams.
Yes!!! Have you read his others? I've read them all, except the Alcatraz series, I'm somewhere in the middle of book 2...
Old 03-25-2014, 06:35 PM
Who woulda thought <3

I just read a book "I Hope You Find Me" by Trish Marie Dawson...

Sooooo soooo good.

It sounds so cliche, but its about the world after a horrific virus kills almost everyone but this young woman survives and starts looking for other people and everywhere she goes she leaves notes hoping someone will find her also..

I <3 this book.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008CJ...&robot_redir=1
Old 03-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Got Floof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27 View Post
Yes!!! Have you read his others? I've read them all, except the Alcatraz series, I'm somewhere in the middle of book 2...
I think the only books of his I have yet to read is Legion and The Alloy of Law.

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13