Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Don't encourage me..

I'm reading "Hannibal" - Thomas Harris.. Again!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 02-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Hula Hoop

"Cause of Death" by Patricia Cornwell

***9829;Hula***9829;
Old 02-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Felurian

I haven't had much reading time lately, but I'm carrying Rubber Legs and White Tail Hairs by Patrick McManus around with me And I'm still giggling over Real Ponies Don't Go Oink

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-02-2007, 10:26 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

bumpity bump bump folks!

Old 03-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Puppy Dog

Nothing *Attempted* Dogs: A Startling New Understanding of Canine Origin, Behavior & Evolution (I WILL finish that one day, I will I will I will) by the Coppingers, but since I read mostly at bed time, well.....

I love reading, but I have no clue what to crack open. Unless it's about animals. I can't even remember the last non-dog related book I read because I have such a tough time. I'm lame, I know.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:24 PM
lurking near the surface

i just read proper care and feeding of husbands by dr laura [highly recommend], arabian knights, and prince otto by robert louis stevenson, and an old george macdonald book. and i finished the foundation series by asamov not too long ago.

currently trying to decide if i should read shirley by charlotte bronte or domby and son by dickens or one of the russians or start the paradise war by lawhead that i just picked up. someone in an older post mentioned orson scott card which reminds me that i want to read more of his stuff. i read the ender books. ack! too many books to read!

plus i have some grooming books, photography books and a couple dog books kicking around. i don't tend to read those cover to cover, though. more of a browse.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Top Dog

I haven't had time to read a book in ages, however last week I read a book about horse behaviour and right now I'm reading a book called The nature of horses.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

The Other End of the Leash was great; it was pretty much my favorite book of its kind.
Right now I'm re-reading The Diary of A Young Girl- The Definitive Edition (the diary of Anne Frank). The Holocaust has captured my interest in a major way. I've always wanted to go into Auschwitz and experience the chills down my spine like people say they feel when they enter.
I'm also reading Watership Down and just started Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink. So far Mindless Eating has been very interesting.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:11 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I'm reading Marley and Me by John Grogan. I got it for my birthday yesterday. I'm only in 30 or so pages but it's great so far.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:18 AM
Sit! Good dog.

ARGH - well. I am writing essays, so I currently have about... 12 books in front of me.

Hurrah.

Cognitive behavioural therapy based, and task centred practice based. Woo.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein