Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Top Dog

I thought the book was way better. I had a very hard time getting through the movie. I didn't feel any connection.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaLilBitaLuck View Post
I LOVED that book! Have you seen the movie?
No not yet. I saw the DVD come out, and my friend told me there was a book. I have to read books before I see the film...so I think I'll rent it this weekend. I hear its nowhere near as good, but I still would like to see it.

My Photos
Old 12-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

No, the movie is definitely not as good, but seeing as some movies have sucked so hard compared to the book I wanted to cry, I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Top Dog

Agreed. I thought the movie was good, but it doesn't even begin to compare to the book.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Top Dog

I just finished reading The Beak of the Finch, for my lab meetings at work, and it was wonderful.

I think I'm going to read Y: The Descent of Man, next.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Silence! I ban you!

I just finished The Fetch by Laura Whitcomb. A little disappointed in the ending, but it seems to be set up for a sequel.

Working on Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann now. I should be done that tonight, it's a short book and a fast read (more of a teen target audience).

I have A Certain Slant of Light, also by Laura Whitcomb, downloaded to my Kindle next.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Top Dog

Right now I'm reading No One in the World by E. Lynn Harris and RM Johnson. It's really entertaining and moves quite quickly, even if it isn't the best piece of literary work out there lol.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
Working on Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann now. I should be done that tonight, it's a short book and a fast read (more of a teen target audience).
Ok, so it wasn't fine literature but this was really good. I was reading in bed last night and at the climactic spot when it's a bit creepy the door to my bedroom burst open with my daughter asking me to "tuck her in". I think I peed a little
Old 01-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Top Dog

I reread all my Kristan Higgins books. They make me laugh (out loud....so others in the room think I've got a flask hidden somewhere). And there's a canine character in each book that just makes things that much better. I highly recommend!!

I also readSomethint About You by Julie James. It was easy reading, but had some ohmygoodnessdidthatauthorjustwritethat?! stuff. When it was recommended to me, the person failed to mention that it was a contemporary romance.

I also read The Keeper and Forbidden by Ted Dekker.

I'm currently reading a Robin Kaye trilogy. Again, contemporary romance, but at least it's not like those Harlequin smut books involving cowboys, Indians, and Fabio.

PS- War Horse is a lend me book for the nook, so if anyone would like to borrow it and read it, just shoot me a pm.

Last edited by Miakoda; 01-03-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
I also read The Keeper and Forbidden by Ted Dekker.
If you like Dekker, I enjoyed his Circle Trilogy (well, it was a trilogy, but he added a fourth book to that plus the spinoff books). The ones I enjoyed were the color books. Black, White, Red and Green.