Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGonzalez View Post
What did you think of it? I was rather disappointed after I read the other ones within a week so I could finish it before it was due back at the library...I didn't think it was as good as the others.
Honestly? I thought it sucked. It was a lot of pointless words that filled up the majority of the space between the words that actually had meaning and purpose. It was the worst book by far.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
Picked up The Devil's Bones by Jefferson Bass at a used book store and absolutely devoured it. I started it yesterday afternoon and was finished early this afternoon. Now I'm out looking for his other "Body Farm" books. Fans of CSI would probably love the series
Ok, so I've had no luck finding his earlier books in used stores and such, so I'll probably have to bite the bullet and go the Amazon route. Right now, I'm on "Bones of Betrayal", which follows about 6 months after the events of The Devil's Bones. Great so far. The writers really keep me interested.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Super-Genius

I started "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis today. Through 3 of the 'letters' so far and it is very interesting. It is not terribly long, which is good because I think i'm going to need to go through it twice.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I just finished The Key to Midnight by Dean Koontz, and started Strange Highways by Dean Koontz.

I love his books.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
Ok, so I've had no luck finding his earlier books in used stores and such, so I'll probably have to bite the bullet and go the Amazon route. Right now, I'm on "Bones of Betrayal", which follows about 6 months after the events of The Devil's Bones. Great so far. The writers really keep me interested.
Just finished "Carved In Bone", which was the first book in their Body Farm novels. Our local library actually had it. Good read, like the others.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:01 PM
overdogged

Generation Me: Why Today's Young Americans are More Confident, Assertive, Entitled-- and More Miserable Than Ever Before by Jean M. Twenge, Ph.D and I just started Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, which I've heard such good things about but which intimidates me for some reason.
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 08-05-2010, 08:44 PM
No thumbs = No mutiny

I just finished "Dog Days" by John Levitt. I liked it. It was somewhat like the Dresden files. But there is a dog in it......sort-of . I would read more books in this series.

And yes, I bought it b/c of the dog in the cover art. Honestly did .

River---Kya---Chloe---Fiona

Check out hairless dog rescue:
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AB20.html
Old 08-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Bored Now.

Letters From Earth.

Again.

I need new reading material. Recommendations, please? Sci-Fi wins you bonus points, but anything relatively well-written and easy to get lost in would be nice. I've realized that my total lack of reading in the last few months is starting to get to me.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Top Dog

Read The Scent of Rain and Lightning. Not too bad actually.

And just finished Gone With the Wind again. I hadn't read it since I was about 14 and I wanted a book that would really take up my time.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Letters From Earth.

Again.
Intelligent choice

Quote:
I need new reading material. Recommendations, please? Sci-Fi wins you bonus points, but anything relatively well-written and easy to get lost in would be nice. I've realized that my total lack of reading in the last few months is starting to get to me.
You really should read The Name of the Wind! I think I've read it, oh, maybe 12 times now? One of the best written books I've ever read, bar none, and you will get lost in it from the first paragraph.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian