Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Silence! I ban you!

I finished the "My Boyfriend's Dogs" book tonight. I enjoyed it. It's fairly light reading, but it's a good story and I felt like I got to know the dogs in the book, too
Old 05-27-2010, 04:42 PM
petperson

I just finished Thereby Hangs a Tail, by Spencer Quinn. It's a PI novel told from the point of view of the detective's dog/partner Chet. (Who would have been a K-9 officer but for an embarrassing incident at the graduation exercises. It involved a cat.)

Not great literature, but a very enjoyable read. The first book in the series, Dog On It, was also good.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:17 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
Bride Collector by Ted Dekker
oooooooh that one looks good. I think I'm gonna read that next.

right now Im reading 9th judgement from the women's murder club series by James Patterson I love this series and his alex cross series

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I'm reading The Blue Nowhere by Jeffery Deaver.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:39 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I'm rereading The Stone of Tears by Terry Goodkind. But Wizard's First Rule will always be my favorite of that series.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

I just finished reading a book of essays by David Foster Wallace. I usually don't like books of essays, but this one was great. It's called "Consider the Lobster". After reading one of those essays I am now going to read Dostoevsky, I think The Brothers Karamazov would be a good choice.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 05-31-2010, 09:23 PM
Felurian

Remember me talking about Bob? He got his first novel published and it's a great, fun read. Amazon.com: Alias Baby Girl (9781591333029): Robert W. Godwin: Books

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Super-Genius

Revolutionaries by Jack Rakove

Its a good study on the men who wrote our founding documents. Its a study of their lives up to 1774, whe nthings started to get really heated. It talks about what probably made these men, who were otherwise generally wealthy and prosperous in their own right, risk it all to create a new nation.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:55 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Just finnished LKH's new book Bullet. (Or maybe it is Bullets...don't remember.) It was decent. Seems like the series is coming to a close, of which I am greatful. I would rather it had been wrapped up a few books ago then this painful drawing out of the plot line. There's no...suspense to it anymore, just sex and magic solving problems. (Which is good in its own right, I just miss the suspense of the police investigations and the sexual tension between just a few characters.) The biggest OMG moment in this book was when a main character got shot, but then you knew he wasn't going to die because sex and magic fixes everything.

Going to start in next on Jim Butcher's Changes. I already peeked at the ending, because I am bad, and all I can say is Oh. My. God.

And I'm also halfway through Terry Goodkind's Temple of the Winds. I've reread the series often enough that I know what is going to happen, but I still get sucked into the story.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Just recently read "Latham Rising" by Rosenberg and "Flight" by Jan Burke. Currently reading "The Guardian" by Nicholas Sparks.