Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Top Dog

I just got the new Patricia Cornwell novel, Scarpetta. I loved her earlier books in the Scarpetta series, but they went drastically down hill with the start of Blow Fly. However, since I've read them all, I figured what the heck to reading this one.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:58 PM
BSL Can Be Beaten

On my just finishing list; The Fourth Horseman; by Andrew Nikiforuk; excellent book for those that are interested in alternative remedies for emerging illnesses -- gives some solid reasons why herbalists and homeopaths may just be your best friends in the future.

Also reading Felix and Dick Francis Silks - not liking it as much as I like Dick Francis books; but I'll keep on.

Since acquiring Dora; have been interested in African history; so am wading through lots of tripe about white man vs. black man stuff - all written with a decidedly white anglo saxon leaning; but am working on Our Votes, Our Guns by Martin Meredith. Also loving Traffic; Why We Drive the Way We do; by Tom Vanderbilt.

Jennifer Sider First Dog Off the Porch Custom Collars
Mom to Mitchell, Avalon, Ninja, Jiggs and Misty
Life is forever and everything is just an experience on the road to enlightenment.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Puppy Dog

I am currently reading Twilight for the second time. One of my favorite books. I have read the other 3 books in the series but they were terrible, just terrible.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Top Dog

I am reading Confessions of a Shopaholic.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Just try me..

The Beekeeper's Apprentice.. and its better than I expected.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:28 AM
Top Dog

i finished the Innocent Mage *kingmaker, king breaker series i think* books. *two of them* and they were GREAT. def recommend them to fantasy story lovers. author tells you enough to let you know what's going on and to picture it yourself but doesn't go on long enough to drag it out and in the end i cried... yeah i admit it lol

now i'm reading the godspeaker trilogy. i was kind of iffy when i first got her books and didn't know if i would like them or not. but i LOVE her writing style.

she is super nice too i wrote her and she wrote me back and it's a legit write back and not one of those automated ones too

karen miller <-- CHECK HER OUT!

Old 02-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Silence! I ban you!

I'm working on "The Chase" by Clive Cussler

It's pretty good so far. He's awfully technical in many of his descriptions, but my mind enjoys that.

From Amazon.com

Quote:
Cussler is the author or coauthor of 33 books, including 19 Dirk Pitt novels and 7 NUMA Files books. This latest adventure involves the hulk of a steam locomotive that comes to the surface of a lake in Montana in 1950. It contains the bodies of three men who died 44 years before. Flash back to 1906 and a two-year crime spree out west. There's a series of bank robberies by an evil person who murders any witnesses. The government brings in a detective to solve the case, but soon the hunter becomes the hunted. As always, Cussler ties everything together in the end. The author's many fans probably know that at the start, but they will want to read the novel anyway
Old 03-10-2009, 04:17 AM
Active Pup

"A Drink Before the War" by Dennis Lehane. Good book, good writer :-)

"We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." Aesop
Old 03-25-2009, 06:41 AM
Big German Shepherd

Chuck Liddell's biography.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Felurian

The Road (Cormack McCarthy) - his brother and sister in law are in my writing group. It is beautifully written and something I needed to read for a lot of technical reasons, one of them being that it lets me disregard some of the critical remarks I've gotten from a couple of people who constantly quote Cormack as he uses some of the same devices I have - and have been chided for using - and not a bit better than I do. But it's a depressing, distressing book and I have to read other things during the same time period.

So, I'm reading Amy Tan's Saving Fish from Drowning as well, and re-reading my favorites, The Copper Crown and The Throne of Scone.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian