Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Active Pup

Thumbs up

I LOVE to read! Jodi Picoult is also one of my favorites. But by far my favorite author is Karen Kingsbury. Her books are all so amazing. I'm not sure I could even pick a favorite. Another favorite author of mine is Bodie Thoene or any other member of that family ~ husband Brock and their sons are all also great authors. Incredible. Francine Rivers is another favorite author, all her books are extremely good, but I think my top favorite from her is The Atonement Child.

Right now I am reading 2 books (I don't always read novels...) One is The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz (which I have read before but is really a good book and helps me keep my thinking out of a rut) and How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing With People by Les Giblin. This is my first time through the second one, but it came highly recommended and is also a really good book. It is very helpful in business where you work with a lot of people.

I have always thought the perfect job would be a librarian (which was one of my summer jobs during school). I love books and am a voracious reader.

http://rewrittenprincess.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Top Dog

I'm reading How to Lose Friends and Alienate People by Toby Young. The movie is out I think, but I haven't seen it. The book is okay. Kinda funny. Not really the type of book I normally like but it's entertaining. I think I'll enjoy the movie more because I like Simon Pegg.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:46 AM
Ninja Dog

Slaughterhouse Five is...peculiar. It made me want to cry and it made me want to laugh. It was hard to put down.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Thanks, and Gig 'em.

Let's see, I think some of these may be repeats but since my last post I've read:

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe and Life, the Universe, and Everything both by Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Finished Darwin's Ghost which was OK. Not really worth the full retail price but then again, I am a cheapskate....

The Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker. It was pretty good, but it seemed more like an advertisement for his course than an actual book. But it had some interesting points in it.

The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell which, again, was OK. Wasn't quite as insightful as I had hoped but meh, those types of books rarely are.

Otherland: City of Golden Shadow by Tad Williams. God this book was long. 800 pages. Took me forever to finish it and there's two more books in the series, 800 and 900 pages respectively. It was a good book but I don't know that I can stomach another 800 pager. I like to change up books at least every week or two.

And now I'm reading Neuromancer by William Gibson.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- 'WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!' " - Author Unknown
Old 11-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Backward_Cinderella

Working on "Walking In Circles Before Lying Down" by Merrill Marcoe

Then I'll be starting "Lost and Found" by Jaqueline Sheehan
Old 11-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Black Sexual Politics by Patricia Hill Collins.
Collins is going to be on campus Thursday and I'm sitting in on a discussion about the book so I figured I'd better read it

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 11-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Top Dog

I'm reading Funny Cide written by The Funny Cide Team and Sally Jenkins.

I'm a HUGE horse-racing fanatic and I have sooooo many books on all the horses.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Sit! Good dog.

The Time Travellors Wife.

Again.... It's one of my favourite books I think.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Felurian

Reading Pillars of the Earth. Pretty good, but so far I haven't found I'm not able to put it down, and he hasn't really developed the characters enough for me to care a lot about what happens to them. He stops short of that.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-10-2008, 12:54 PM
overdogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassOnion View Post
Otherland: City of Golden Shadow by Tad Williams. God this book was long. 800 pages. Took me forever to finish it and there's two more books in the series, 800 and 900 pages respectively. It was a good book but I don't know that I can stomach another 800 pager. I like to change up books at least every week or two.
oh but they're so good. the whole series. but yes, very very long.

I'm currently reading Lirael by Garth Nix which I'm absolutely head-over-heels about and was up far too late last night reading.

And also Click to Calm by Emma Parsons. Finally.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?