The Official "What are you reading" Thread

Zoom

Twin 2.0
"The Healing Garden"...explains all about how to have a practical herbal garden and the uses for various plants. The only thing is that it was written for the British climate and growing season, so I'm having to do a lot of secondary research to transpose the info for Kansas.

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
Whoaaa...

My last post in this thread was in 2006. And apparently I had started to read a book that I forgot that I started to read and have bought again here recently (The Magic of Recluse) and I still couldn't get into it lol. Some things never change I guess.

I'm currently working on four books right now.

The Garden of Rama
Arthur C. Clark and Gentry Lee

Really good book. In fact, the whole Rama series has been pretty good. The second book kind of sucked because it focused way too much on the feelings and emotions of the crew and the relationships amongst themselves, rather than what they were actually doing, but it eventually got the point across and lead to the third book where they've laid heavily off that crap.

Ship of Magic
Robin Hobb

It's the first book of the Liveship Trilogy. I've already read her Assassin's trilogy as well as the sequel to that, the Fool's Trilogy so I know she writes good stuff and, so far (only 100 pages into it) she's done well once again.

Life, the Universe, and Everything
Douglas Adams

The sequel to Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Just a light reading book I read when I don't have a lot of time to read and get really involved in a book (like before class starts).

The Experiment
John Darnton

A medical, genetics type book. I think it's kind of like Gattaca (or that's what my friend told me). I just started it yesterday so we'll see how it goes.

Oh and I suppose I'm also reading Human Physiology: From Cells to Systems
I don't know, and I don't care.

Good book if you want to know how the body systems work together or want to cure insomnia.

iluvdogs

Remember the book "A Child Called IT"

Well I am reading the 2nd and 3rd book that follows that!...I read the 2nd in 2 days ( The Lost Boy )...i'm half way threw the 3rd ( A Man Named Dave ) Then we went out and bought a Wii.....

I am STILL only half way threw the 3rd..LOL

B

Backward_Cinderella

Remember the book "A Child Called IT"

Well I am reading the 2nd and 3rd book that follows that!...I read the 2nd in 2 days ( The Lost Boy )...i'm half way threw the 3rd ( A Man Named Dave ) Then we went out and bought a Wii.....

I am STILL only half way threw the 3rd..LOL
Those books are SOOOOO good! I couldn't put them down!!

B

Backward_Cinderella

Amazing Gracey, can't figure out what I did with the book (which is driving me nuts as I'd REALLY like to read right now... So I don't know who the author is. I know he owns the Three Dogs Bakery. :)

milos_mommy

just finished Tenth Circle by Jodie Picoult
am now reading The Autograph Man by Zadie Smith.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I'm reading I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. I haven't been reading as much I want to, so I'm still reading The Divide by Nicholas Evans as well.

Snark

Mutts to you
Just finished a biography of Ernie Pyle (WWII correspondent) and now re-reading one of his books, Brave Men.

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Well I finnished Wicked Lovely a couple days ago. So now im reading "Ink Exchange" by Melissa Marr and I also started the "A House of Night" series with "Marked" by P.C and Kristin Cast.

Members online

No members online now.