Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Jerk.

Default Smokers: Anybody try E-Cigs?

Just updated my thread here.

Just ordered my E-Cig starter kit in another attempt to quit smoking. I tried using the Comit lozenges about this time last year and made it a month. The lozenges kept the nicotine urges at bay but I missed the physical aspect of smoking especially when stressed and failed at becoming a non smoker.

So while Im waiting for my free starter kit to arrive I can find out if I can get the refill "juice" and other parts locally so I dont have to rely on mail order.

Anybody have any experience with the E-Cigs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 12-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Taxiderpy

My cousin and best friend's fiance both used them, with great success. My cousin wrote a big old blog recommending everyone who wants to quit smoking should get one. Let me dig it up.

Edit: Found it! He talks extensively about his experience with it.

Quote:
If you could save or improve the life of someone you care about, would you? I hope that all of my friends and family say yes. Now what if it cost less than $100 dollars, even thought it would save them money almost immediately? I found something that I think will save hundreds of thousands of lives, and that is just in... the United States. But to share this information with you, I must confess my deepest secret which I have kept from my loved ones for decades.

I have smoked cigarettes for 23 years. Not all the time at first, but a few years later I was smoking a pack a day. I lied to my family about it so that in the limited time that I spent with them, the only topic wouldn't be how bad they are for you. I knew that already, but knowing doesn't help you get over your addiction. I never smoked around the family, or even where influential young minds would see me do it. I wanted the addiction to stop with me, not generations later. I have tried numerous times to quit, using different types of cessation methods. They helped a little, but it was a constant struggle, and I hated the person/father/husband that I was during that time.

Now I have found the real solution, and I have no doubts that it will change the world in the next few years. I researched online and ordered an electronic cigarette. Basically, it gives you the nicotine that you are addicted to, but it removes the other 4000+ chemicals in 'analog' cigarettes. It gives you the feel of smoking, such as blowing smoke (water vapor, like a humidifier), and 'throat hit' so you get the sensation that you feel in your cheat from smoking.

Let me put it into an amazing perspective. I didn't realize that the pack of cigarettes that I had when the device came in the mail, was going to probably be my last pack, EVER! It is the best invention that I think has been created in my lifetime. If you have someone that you care about that smokes, YOU SHOULD GET THEM ONE OF THESE NOW!!! They improve and save lives almost immediately. AND THERE IS NO BATTLE TO QUIT. And they are cheaper than analog cigarettes. Research it yourself and see, or ask me what to do and where to go. But do not get them from mall kiosks, they are over priced garbage. Save a life, starting right now. These are incredible.

Last edited by Romy; 12-05-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Jerk.

Cool, thanks.

Ive been reading on Pirate4x4 about these for a while and finally broke down and ordered.

Quote:
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 12-06-2010, 07:24 AM
<--------Orson

Blue, here is a forum just for e-cigs if you are interested

E-Cigarette Forum
Old 12-06-2010, 07:51 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Just updated my thread here.

Just ordered my E-Cig starter kit in another attempt to quit smoking. I tried using the Comit lozenges about this time last year and made it a month. The lozenges kept the nicotine urges at bay but I missed the physical aspect of smoking especially when stressed and failed at becoming a non smoker.

So while Im waiting for my free starter kit to arrive I can find out if I can get the refill "juice" and other parts locally so I dont have to rely on mail order.

Anybody have any experience with the E-Cigs?
Dearest Dearest Blue. It will fail if you give that bold any empowerment whatsoever. Your not going to attempt to quit, your not going to try. You want to quit, you know all the loved ones we have lost, my Jim, our Grammy, put them down and consider them the toxic life stealing drug that they are. They are nasty, they are bad for you, and you CAN do this. The gimmick whatever will never work until you make up your mind to really really do this thing. It isn't near as hard as not being able to breath, or being eaten up by murderous cells. I am rooting for you as you well know, and that is why I am writing this. Put them down. If you weaken, put it out the second you light it, tough it out three days, find something else for your hands to do, run, smoke E cigs, I don't care, find something healthy to replace it.

I smoked from the age of 10. Bus stop cigarettes were the best ever, twice as much because they were naughty. By the time I was in my twenties I would swear I was going to quit, throw the pack out and run to the nearest gas station to get another. Until I made up my mind and did it. You can do it. Puts away soap box and gives a hug. Please do this one thing for your self. ok pushes soap box back under the bed and gives one more ((((HUGS))).

You couldn't pay me a million dollars to pick one up now.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 12-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Kotah BEAR

My dad tried it and was VERY successful and he had been smoking for 20+ yrs.
I tried it... I couldn't do it. It was so gross and made me throw up a couple of times using it actually.
Though I am damned and determined to stop now since I'm working out a lot more & starting college.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:18 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
My dad tried it and was VERY successful and he had been smoking for 20+ yrs.
I tried it... I couldn't do it. It was so gross and made me throw up a couple of times using it actually.
Though I am damned and determined to stop now since I'm working out a lot more & starting college.
From what I've read, they have different 'dosages' of nicotine, sort of like the patch. So perhaps when you tried it the dosage was much to high for you? IDK
Old 12-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Jerk.

When I first heard about them I thought they where a gimmick and the initial cost seemed prohibitive. I started reading a thread on Pirate4x4 about them and many members there havent picked up an analog cig since they got their ECig. Some cant even smoke an analog anymore without wanting to hurl. From what Ive read, they are cheaper even with the initial cost (moot point with the free starter kit), you get your sense of smell back, and they dont make you stink.

Quote:
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 12-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Taxiderpy

We also managed to convince my 3 year old daughter that my friend's fiance is part dragon, after she saw him exhaling the water vapor. That was fun.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

I had one when I was giving up. I am now going on 18 months without smoking. I loved it. It was exactly like the real thing but without the aftertaste. Give it a go!!

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/