Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-18-2015, 10:50 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

Default Because of sillysallys thread-what do you and your so splurg on or love?

Mine is nail polish- I love pretty painted nails, but don't like spending the money at a salon.

Skiing and biking equipment, we live in a ski/down hill biking town area, you know how expensive skiing and biking equipment is at a ski resort town? GAH. Tyler likes skis, has a pair for pretty much for every skiing condition. Lordy, thankfully skis last for a while. Although he did break a pair a few weeks ago.

Camping and hunting and boating, yes wild meat is better for you, but doesn't mean it's cheaper then going to the grocery store. You have to factor in the gas, food costs, camping.

Pretty much all our expenses or play money goes to out door activities. We are not super materialistic people.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 01-18-2015, 11:02 AM
Top Dog

Mine are pretty similar to blackrose's.

Dog stuff, obviously. Pet stuff in general, though. I have Gwen as well as my cat Fiora and our new rattie girls, Ember and Pearl. I have gotten a lot of stuff for my rats recently.

We game a lot. SO got an Xbox One for Christmas so we're still recovering from that. We also buy a lot of Indie games or games on sale. (Steam sales make me broke )

A lot of food. I am just learning to cook so I end up eating out a lot.

Random household things. I have finally gotten into a place where I feel I can call home so I want to decorate accordingly. I try to only buy something a couple times a month.

Gifts. My friend just moved to the apartment building next door and I have gotten a ton of crap for her place.

I think that's about it. I am really narrowing down my spending. And it's hard to spend money when you don't have much.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:07 AM
Top Dog

aside from dog stuff

Camera equipment
Stuff for the house - we just spent an obscene amount on new blinds for all the windows. We painted our barn last year and redid the floors.
My husband likes video games, so we have a PS3, Wii, WiiU, and 2 or 3 old gameboys, plus all the games and stuff that goes with them

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 01-18-2015, 11:10 AM
Top Dog

My SO is a board game geek, so we have LOTS of board games. I probably splurge on dog stuff the most. We don't indulge ourselves often though, because we're cheap.

If I had TONS of disposable income, I would splurge on new furniture for the whole house. I hate our dining room set, I would love two matching wing chairs for the living room, and I REALLY want a sofa bed for the basement. I would also have our front yard professionally landscaped.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:12 AM
mushinois

Dog stuff. That encompasses a lot of stuff but that's probably the biggest as a whole.

Travel - I don't like to go to exotic places necessarily, but I take a lot of mini-trips in and around Minnesota especially up north. Sometimes camping, sometimes cabins, sometimes hotels.

Games of all sorts. Board, card, video, RPG, etc.

Tattoos

We eat out a fair amount. There are some stellar little brewpubs in our neighborhood where we are regulars.

Books, including e-books. Music (my husband more than me).

Old 01-18-2015, 11:19 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Trial fees for the dogs, really. That's about it.

Before I had a mortgage I also bought expensive makeup for fun. I still buy some but it's only the essentials now, I don't go out and buy a new eyeshadow palette just because I want to.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-18-2015, 11:36 AM
off we go, dogs in tow

We eat out once per week for date night.

Rick splurges on guns and gun related items, movies, magazines, and rotates between Magic The Gathering, video games, and RC cars.

I don't really splurge. It makes me anxious, hahaha. I count getting a $5 pair of jeans at Goodwill a splurge. I'm going to start accumulating some workout clothes and whatnot for the gym shortly, so I guess that will count? I do spend on the dogs occasionally, I do a Fenzi course every "semester".

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 01-18-2015, 11:38 AM
Top Dog

For me, nothing really. I buy a couple movies, a game when I really want it (so maybe once a year), and books (10 a year?). I bought a bunch of clothes last year but I had to as I lost weight, and I only went for cheap things... Ok we eat out occasionally, but we don't spend a ton either.

I guess it would be kids stuff, clothes and toys, although I typically only buy cheap clothes and toys on sale, but I guess I buy more than a lot of people.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:42 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

We don't really have a lot of money to splurge, but when we do, it is normally:

1.) Eating out and/or ordering pizzas for delivery (it breaks my heart that we could be eating a sit down steak meal for what we pay for pizza LOL)

2.) Steam games for him (when there is a Steam sale, I have to physically say, "You can only spend X amount" or he'll just keep buying because "it's a good deal! Look! It's 85% off! I didn't even want it, but it was originally $40 and now it is only $6 and holy cow, even if I never play it I want it! " and end up spending $$$, because all of those $10 purchases add up FAST.

3.) Books for me

Other gaming-type things. Before we moved, we did a lot of War Hammer. Now there isn't any place to play, so that has kind of died off. While he's turned into a PC gamer, I still greatly prefer console, so I buy more $$ videogames whereas he is happy with the steam sales.

Big purchase in our future that are being done simply because of our hobbies will be a new rebuilt computer for him (with me utilizing his old system as it is 100x better than my desktop right now), and then a PS4 for me, purely because I'm super petty and have always had Playstations (and I just can't like the XboxOne we have, no matter what I do - I hate using it for even basic things).

Old 01-18-2015, 11:43 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

College is a splurge for us. Kind of a bummer splurge, but alas.

Obviously dog stuff for me. Mushing gear and collars, mainly.
Horses are when they are in my life.
Every once in a while I will splurge on home decor.

DH is super into hunting, survival, and guns.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACD/BCx ::
Marquis' Livin' On Tulsa Time "Tulsa" 2014 ACD
& part-time resident Corral West Call Me A Grimm Fairytale "Story" 2012 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle