Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-09-2014, 07:42 AM
Kung Pow Fish

Default Doctor Who series 8

Thoughts? I was incredibly pleased with 1 and 2, even with the plot holes and inconsistencies, and terribly disappointed in the 3rd ep.

Has anyone seen the leaked episodes? Im deliberately not watching them because spoilers

Who the hell is Missy?
Old 09-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
Thoughts? I was incredibly pleased with 1 and 2, even with the plot holes and inconsistencies, and terribly disappointed in the 3rd ep.

Has anyone seen the leaked episodes? Im deliberately not watching them because spoilers

Who the hell is Missy?
Missy is Moffatt's newest mystery woman. He likes those. I get the feeling we won't know much about her for awhile.

Loving the new series. Moffatt's still thrilling me with his time twists and still angering me with his writing of women. I have pretty mixed reviews of him as lead writer, but I still like him more than RTD.

In Doctor Who there will always be plot holes and inconsistencies, it's part of the ride. I'm re-watching the series with the BF (he's a new Whovian) and it's even worse in Tennant's era, on a re-watch.

Love, love, love Capaldi. I knew I would love him the moment I heard the rumour that he was cast. So refreshing to have an older doctor again. Not that age matters as much as fitting the character (Matt Smith and Peter Davison are two of my fave doctors) but I was starting to think BBC wouldn't bother with the old guys again.

The new opening is a great combo of doing something new and throwing back to the retro openings. Most people I talk to hate it, because DIFFERENT, but perhaps they should watch how much the old openings changed.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 09-09-2014, 10:06 AM
Kung Pow Fish

I agree on Capaldi. LOVING the scottish accent and iunno but to me hes pretty darn hot (for an older gent!). his Doctor is a refreshing change from Smith, who was a brilliant Doctor too, but we have to have variety. each actor bringing something new to the table is what makes this franchise so great. Im really liking how Capaldi is just a little bit ruthless and more than a tiny bit of an asshole.

theories are that Missy is the Master, but since Moffat has already stated that shes the "guard of the Nethersphere", that throws that out the window. the heck is the nethersphere anyway? another theory is that shes the Valeyard, which is another thing i never got becaue i didnt watch classic Who

do we know if River is supposed to come back? I keep hoping she will! wondering when we see 'her' screwdriver (from the Library) also
Old 09-09-2014, 01:27 PM
Very Food Agressive

I've only seen the first 2 so far but I'm on the other side, I sort of hate Capaldi. It's odd though because I was excited when I found out he got cast. BF and I agree that he's rather more sinister than we'd like. Leaving Clara in the first episode, letting the soldier die in the dalek after saying "trust me", we're not pleased. Overall, I don't like him. And that means Clara is my new favorite character in the series when I didn't much care for her with Matt Smith.

Maybe he'll grow on me!

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Top Dog

I really like it so far! But again, there haven't been many episodes so far I haven't liked, out of all the seasons...

Maybe a bit too much of Clara and not enough of the Doctor though.