Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-11-2014, 09:00 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Default Those of you with bangs...

How annoying are they?

DH has been suggesting, repeatedly, over the past like...year and a half that I get bangs. I've not been doing it, because I don't know if I want bangs. But now...meh, I may as well try.

I tried side bangs a few years ago and didn't like them...I hated having to constantly either pin them up or style the bajeesus out of them to keep them from falling into my face. I do not like hair in my face, especially when I'm working/actively doing something.

So, if I were to try bangs again, it would be the straight-across kind to avoid things falling into my face and I just feel like I'll be back in the 90's. LOL BUT, I found a cut that was cute and I liked, so...why not?

Who here has bangs, what do you like about them, and what do you hate? Is it possible to have bangs and not have them constantly get in your way? Any cute hairstyles for long (top of boob length), layered hair? (I have thick, wavy hair that everyone who actually styles their hair says they would kill for because it holds everything so well, and I'm like TAKE IT AWAY LOL.) Again, probably no side bangs.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Blonde Raccoon

I have full bangs! I got them about two and a half years ago on a whim and I still have them because I love them. I don't find that they get in the way, but I like to have them trimmed every eight weeks or so to avoid looking like a sheepdog. When I go a long time without trimming them they can look kinda funny and part in the middle which looks ridiculous. But yeah, I love my bangs, my friends all love my bangs, it's sort of become my look! Do it!

paris & seamus o'grady.

r.i.p. sally, never forgotten.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:23 AM
Ho ho ho off.

I did it a few months back... They've actually been a lot easier to manage than I remember (I had a fringe for years as a child...).

Shameless selfie from a few weeks ago. My hair is short at back, longer at front.

There's nothing really hard about it.... Other than regular trims. I forgot that. Regular maintenance. I cut mine myself sometimes.....
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-11-2014, 12:22 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I want pictures! I kind of want straight across bangs too.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 04-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Blonde Raccoon

Not my best pic but basically one of the few where my hair isn't crazy or tied up etc. etc.

paris & seamus o'grady.

r.i.p. sally, never forgotten.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Resident fainting goat

I iron them and get them trimmed very 8 weeks, other than that they are side bangs so they are pretty easy to deal with overall.
I'm on the right, they are a little long here but you get the point
Old 04-11-2014, 03:10 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I have a calic right in the middle of my bangs so no straight across for me without it looking like the parting of the seas lol.

So I have to do a side sweep. I also HATE hair in my face so they can't be hanging over or anywhere near my eye or I'll go nuts. so I usually just grab a curling iron and gather my bangs where I need them and then run the curling iron straight down and then a soft curl at the end so they don't look shockingly bone straight and then just a little hairspray and done. I do that after I wash my hair (I don't wash my hair everyday) and it lasts until the next wash.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Top Dog

I'm keeping up on this thread because I'm thinking about having some put in again....but what's a calic?
Old 04-11-2014, 03:38 PM
Wild At Heart

I've had side bangs for quite some time now. I LOVE them when I have my hair down, but when I'm wearing it in a ponytail it gets so annoying because I either have to wear my hair extremely high up or have a headband on ugh lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffiangirl View Post
I'm keeping up on this thread because I'm thinking about having some put in again....but what's a calic?
I call it a cowlick but it's basically hair tha grow in the opposite direction of your other hair... And usually sticks up. It's beautiful let me tell you, lol. I have one near the back of my head. Usually I can tame it, but if I go to bed with my hair wet? Forget it haha

Harleigh <3
Old 04-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffiangirl View Post
I think she means cowlick?

Feistea, ze Blog