Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Top Dog

i just adore Tosas..they are gorgeous dogs..while i would love to have one, i know it will never happen, they are definatly NOT a breed for everyone.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:57 PM
CASSA

Ive judged them and CGC them good points is they are not heavy barkers or shedders bad points severe dog to dog aggression in packs but can be trained to be CGC..
Old 10-10-2006, 02:22 AM
cindr

Yes I have heard that. One thing I will bring up is I had two guys here last night and they want to get into breeding. They have purchased a Dob and already have a Tosa. Well it was stressed to me that the Tosa was not pure but did look the breed.

That the dog was in season as we speak. I asked are you going to breed the dog? Well we were thinking about it! The only problem is the guy wants $1000.00 up front. That he did not think that was right to have to do!
I told him that that is the way it is done. No breeding or stud service goes or gets done with out full payment in advance.

The two of them just about dropped their drawers. They then enquired about the male I have here that I am training. Dob that is! Is he avail for stud. I said I beleive that is what the owner wants to do with him. He said asked what the owner would want for the stud service. I told him $1500.00 or more depending how far the dog acheives in his titles.

The two of them stated that they would get back to me as they now felt that they should buy their own males. That way they can get their money back out of the deal and can breed when ever they want to. The dogs have 6 yrs to be bred. I just looked at these guys and shook my head. All these people see is dollar signs and nothing other. So glad they left.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:14 AM
We are Home.

Yes i have heard of them and yes i want one. When i get my farm most likely i will have one. Everything i read about them just makes me want them more. THey are wonderful workers, and protectors which i want on my farm

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Top Dog

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/tosa.htm

Old 10-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Top Dog

I have heard of Tosa's, not neccesarily in a good way either.

From what I understand they are banned in Europe.

I know a guy that plans on getting one and turning it into a monster.