Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 11-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Top Dog

EVERY dog sheds. It's more of a matter of how much! Our pug sheds, on a percentage basis, more than our GSD does. If he hops on your lap and gets down you are covered in little pug hair. If the GSD does the same thing, there is little hair left behind. Also, diet can have a lot to do with how much a dog sheds.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Purdue#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevinski View Post
people use poodles for hunting

I know standard poodles are used to hunt. That's why they have the, uh, unique haircuts. Do they use toys to hunt? don't think they could hold a duck in their mouth or even carry it. The duck weighs as much as the dog does. Anyway, what i mean is there are a lot of labs, pointers and coon hounds around here. Not too many poodles. they wouldn't make it living outside.

I use petfinder, but it's not the problem of not having shelters( trust me i've counted, and still counting.stray dog problems), it's the problem of getting there. Our shelters around here don't do anything anyway. We don't want to drive too far. There are large dog breeders around here, but not too many that have small dogs, or any that i want to go to.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:25 AM
pupette

non-shedding (and so called hyper-allergenic) breeds are any bichon breed (bolognese, frise, havanais, maltese), chinese crested
Old 12-16-2006, 10:59 AM
RedyreRottweilers

Poodles make EXCELLENT gun dogs.

and you better believe they can carry game.

http://www.geocities.com/huntingpoodles/Hunting.html

http://www.clearlight.com/bedog/Touley_rev_c.pdf

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../1047/OUTDOORS

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pb...1004/LIFESTYLE
Old 12-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Never enough pets

Can anyone post any large dog non shedders for me? Sorry to interuppt your post Purdue, but I just thought since this says non shedding dogs I could ask this. I ask cuz one of my friends needs a dog that doesnt shed due to her dads allergies.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Never enough pets

I knew poodles hunted but never really focused on it..lol. That was a good article to read, the third one I mean
Old 12-16-2006, 04:28 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I don't know if I've already posted here or not. lol. Anyway, it all really depends on the actuall dog as far as energy goes. Yorkies are supposedly very hyper dogs, but Dixie's never been very hyper. She's active in that she likes to play with us, but as soon as we dont' want to play anymore, or we just want to relax, she's right there sleeping on our laps. Somedays we'll go on hikes up in our woods, and Dixie will be right there with us, but some days, we'll just sit around all day watching TV, and still Dixie's right there with us. She does what we do. She's an excellent dog. We also have a Silky Terrier mix who's a great dog, but she's alot more active than Dixie. We also have a Shih-Tzu who is probably the most laid back dog we have. She likes to go outside, and run around, but after a little while she's laying in the grass by our feet panting, and ready to go inside. If you want a non-shedder then I wouldn't reccomend a Shih-Tzu though. I asked before I got a Shih-Tzu if they shed or not, and I was told they do not, but Zoey definately sheds. Not a whole lot, but definately a lot more than our other 2 dogs. They don't shed at all. The only time any hair comes off of them is when you're brushing them. Good luck finding a dog!!!!

Neopit: Poodles of course are non shedding, but I can't think of any other non shedding big dogs except crosses.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 12-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Purdue#1

I mean the toy poodles. The game weighs more than they do!
Old 12-16-2006, 06:15 PM
RedyreRottweilers

oh DUH Purdue, I should read more closely.

Maybe the toys could fetch quail?

Old 12-16-2006, 06:27 PM
Purdue#1

I think sparrows would work..
oh wait- i would need to use my bb gun. there wouldn't be any bird left to eat if i used a bigger gun. Better go buy a sight.. glasses and a sight work better(can't see distance.) Can't hit anything either.

I can sure hit something with my cousin's gun.