Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 10-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Purdue#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggie'sMum View Post
They're pretty gross looking.
don't look gross to me. she said it was toy. just about 10lbs. the male will be a little bigger.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Top Dog

I don't agree with the toy aussies, I know they've thrown 'whatever' into creating the toy aussies, I' have seen ONE that I honestly thought was cute.
Toys actually should be taller than 6",,I believe 12" is what they go around, but don't quote me on that.

The mini's,,well I don't have a problem with them as long as the breeder IS responsible in selectively breeding, and there are some out there..I have a friend with 4, and every single one of them I'd take home..Mini can be decieving, hers while small, aren't really much smaller than my standard sized aussies @ 21"..My feeling tho is this,,if I want a "small" aussie,,I can certainly find one within the "standard" breeders out there..Size isn't a real big issue within the "standard" aussies , atleast judging wise..It isn't as strict as with other breeds which I happen to like..There are more important things to consider in the "standard" aussie than size.

Diane
Old 10-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Purdue#1

Come to think of it, her aussie does look a little weird. instead of looking smooth like a mini or regular aussie, she looks like a box. She's square in shape.

I have confirmed that she is breeding them next year sometime in august.