Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-06-2005, 12:20 AM
Top Dog

I find that completely deplorable. I would call the humane society immediately if I knew the dog was alone in the car for more than 15 or 20 minutes without water. On a warm day, it can be upwards of 100 degrees inside a car, even with the windows cracked. Dogs die of heat exhaustion all the time when trapped in cars. Can you imagine cooking to death within view of the street?

I'm sorry, but things like this really chap my rear. If what you say is true, in my opinion your roommate is unfit to take care of a dog and the dog should be removed from her care. She's demonstrating a complete lack of empathy and regard for the dog's safety, happiness, and well-being. This is an extremely serious situation. These situations are where underground rescues come from.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Felurian

For now, why don't you suggest to her that she put the dog inside when it's time for her to go to work?

I really hope you can talk her into letting you have the dog since she's obviously not doing right by the poor creature.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Top Dog

Why does this girl have a dog? She doesn't even care about it. It sounds to me like this needs to be your dog and hers. You are much more responsible than she sounds. Tell her you want her dog, or you will call the humane society, plain and simple. I would NEVER tolerate someone's ignorant behavior towards an animal, even if it was a friend. I wouldn't want a friend like that anyway. Would she leave a baby in a car for 5 hours without drink or food? You need to teach her a lesson before she does have a kid one day and do that to them too. This is a very irresponsible person that is considerate of no one but herself. I have no tolerance for ignorant people.

Please talk to her and try to convice her how much more you love the dog and how you would care for it. If she doesn't listen, call the Humane Society. If I was there, I would be more than happy to talk to her for you.