Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Stories

Old 04-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Active Pup

Default I saw the neighbor lady shoot my dog!

When I was 4 and my sister was 6 (1971 long time ago),we lived in a small town and we had been walking our dog Pepper, a rat terrier. He wanted to stop and smell the roses if you will at the old neighbor ladies house down the street. Well, to make long story short, she stepped out of her back door with a .22 rifle and aimed right in our direction and shot our dog Pepper just like that! No regard for our safety and of course we were terribly upset that our little dog was now murdered right in front of us. Something I will never forget!
Enrique
Old 04-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Not crazy...

Thats awful! Im sorry you had to see that, that people can be so heartless, and that you lost your little dog, no matter how long ago.

Buster, 11 weeks
Old 04-04-2005, 10:02 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

we had a neighbor like that when i was about 9 or 10.shot my friend Lisa's cat for walking in their garden and put it on her porch dead. She was a few years older than me..i wasn't quite as good about not retaliating back then so i rode my horse thru their "perfect" yard and jumped the little fence at the end. They use to yell at me for walking on the edge of the ditch where the road was cooler (never wore shoes in the summer) and shot at my dog and me with a pellet gun.They never did know quite where i lived because when they followed me i went a different way home. mean old man is still there. It takes a lot not to show disgust when i run into him at the post office but he is older than dirt so i leave it alone..what good would it do to say something to him now. I am so sorry u had to see that at such a young age. What did your parents do?
Old 04-05-2005, 12:23 AM
DILLIGAF?

I would have been yelling at that lady so bad and kicking out her roses until there was none left in the garden.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:21 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

they said they were seeding their lawn..and we were walking on the grass shoots which we were not..just on the cool side of the asphalt where the water was running down from where another neighbor was watering. i have had the pleasure of seeing in 30 years that no good grass ever grew there. Walked passed it every day on my way to school. I wonder how that situation would have been handled in today's world..i didnt even tell my mother, didnt want to upset her, she was so busy and tired all the time.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Love my pets

It's horrible to think there are people like that out there. I'm grateful for where I live that I have good neighbors.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:19 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

you are so very fortunate indeed!
Old 04-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Big German Shepherd

I would've done something terrible if somebody did that to Rocky. I seriously don't know how I would've handled that situation, probably in a bad manner. But, I'm sorry you had to go through that.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:25 PM
Felurian

What an awful thing to have to carry with you all your life! Just know that those deeds will come back to her - if they haven't already. I'm afraid, though, if I'd been your parent, life would have become very, very miserable for her in short order - shooting your pup and endangering your lives at the same time! Both are equally terrible in my view.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-15-2005, 01:09 AM
Dog Spoiler

Angry

That lady deserves to die a slow,painful death. How could anyone be so heartless? Some people just sicken me.

-Jon