Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 04-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Don't encourage me..

Default Dogs can Laugh?!!

Found this articleand thought it was interesting!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4401695.stm

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-03-2005, 06:31 PM
Felurian

This bunch at Chazhound could have told them that, lol! http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=961

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Top Dog

I had a female Golden who was a clown and always playing jokes on us. I would watch her take he feeding bowl and cover it up with snow.....at supper time when I went to gather the bowls ( 4 at that time ) her's was no where in sight ....I'd say where's your bowl and she's make a big deal of finding it and then laugh and laugh in her own way.!! Was so cute. She did this with toys sometimes too.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Active Pup

lol sounds like something my kid would have done when she was 18 months old.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:44 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Does anybody else notice that thier dogs talk with the way they wag their tail..slapping against the floor harder and with different rythms..i know the "your Most welcome in our home new nice person..or haappyy to see you haven't seen you for a long time....is hard and rapid..there are subtle changes too..mary does alot of communicating that way. So did Bronki.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Felurian

Oh, mine do that a lot! When Shiva and/or Kharma have been naughty, they'll lower those tails, curling up the last five inches or so and wagging that little bit like mad. They all do the slow, wide wag that's level with their backs, sometimes hitting themselves in the side, when they're particularly contented. When they are friendly but wary of someone/something new, their tails are carried high over their backs and wag slowly, lowering and increasing in velocity as the new person/whatever is accepted.

I've always said if you'll listen to the tail of a dog you'll have a better idea of what might be getting ready to happen. The front of a dog will bluff; the rear end never lies.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Top Dog

Right on Renee.....it always amazes me the you think the dog's asleep, but if you make a comment to yourself or even think something that tail will thump !! Speaking of tails, Bubba taught Chip how to bang against the wall with his tail if he needed to go out.....Took only 2 days when I first got him. First 2 days Bubba did it , then Chip got the idea.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:24 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

My all time favorite is what i call the baby wiggle..the little pups do their tails a certain way when the milk lets down...When i would pull my Big baby bronki up (all 80 lbs) into the rocking chair with me..he would tuck his head under my chin and his tail did the exact same thing..guess it would be the mommy wiggle.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:13 AM
Felurian

The Filas add a new dimension to tail talk. Their tails also work like cat tails, even to sinuously curving around your hand when you stroke it, or around your leg when they rub against your legs - exactly like a cat does. The tips will quiver when they drop slightly into that cat-like crouch when stalking too, and at times they twitch and switch a bit during sleep. I guess they're bi-lingual, lol!

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-04-2005, 10:43 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

add to vocabulary..Mary's rapid (and got uncomfortable against my leg while i pretended i didn't know about it) I KNOW YOUR AWAKE>>HUG ME wag.