Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 11-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Big Dog

when I got my kitten Mademoiselle Kama, she didn't want to go in the litter at all but as some of you mentioned, I had a hooded litter and I was using yesterday's news when she was used to the clumping at the petstore. I took the hood off, changed to clumping. I left it like that for a couple of weeks then put the hood on and again let her get used to it for a few weeks and then slowly added some yesterday's news in the clumping now the only time she goes anywhere else is if I forget to scoop out for one day and when she soils, she goes in the dogs beds lol what a kitten. here's her picture
Old 11-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Puppy Dog

We'll nothing has changed since my last posting on the litter box issue. Even during the 16 days my dogs were at training Noa continued to pee and poop on the floor. I just recentely adopted out 2 of my 4 cats to a good friend of mine. I kept them together and they are as happy as can be and I know that they are being taken care of to the fullest. So with less pets in the house I was hoping things would change with Noa. IT'S NOT! He is still peeing on the carpet. Only difference is now that the puppies are trained to sleep in the crates at night now, Noa gets to sleep with me so he's getting more attention, but my patience is wearing thin. I can NOT continue to have him ruin my house that I worked so hard to get all my life. It smells of cat pee. My boyfriend even had a friend of his come over and professionally clean the carpets and he's just pees on them again. I have tried the Feliway, downsizing the family, putting tarpes all over my house in the places he pees, putting him in a bedroom for weeks (that's just cruel), medication and testing for any illness. I really do not believe he is going to change.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Alexa's~Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loviedovie View Post
We'll nothing has changed since my last posting on the litter box issue. Even during the 16 days my dogs were at training Noa continued to pee and poop on the floor. I just recentely adopted out 2 of my 4 cats to a good friend of mine. I kept them together and they are as happy as can be and I know that they are being taken care of to the fullest. So with less pets in the house I was hoping things would change with Noa. IT'S NOT! He is still peeing on the carpet. Only difference is now that the puppies are trained to sleep in the crates at night now, Noa gets to sleep with me so he's getting more attention, but my patience is wearing thin. I can NOT continue to have him ruin my house that I worked so hard to get all my life. It smells of cat pee. My boyfriend even had a friend of his come over and professionally clean the carpets and he's just pees on them again. I have tried the Feliway, downsizing the family, putting tarpes all over my house in the places he pees, putting him in a bedroom for weeks (that's just cruel), medication and testing for any illness. I really do not believe he is going to change.
wow, i really don't know what to say.

He just started doing this out of nowhere?
Old 11-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Harumph™©®

There's a reason he got this way. If it's not physical then it's emotional. Now all you need to do is backtrack to what occurred in your home that triggered it. What changed in your home? For example, did someone move in? Did someone leave? Did you change litters?

However, unless I am reading you wrong, I sense that you have already given up. If I am wrong then perhaps the cats you adopted out aren't exactly the animals in your home that are the trigger. The question is, what changed. Take it from there. Once you figure it out then you have to undo that which caused the stress to begin with. Thinking like a cat is not so hard. Did it possibly occur to you that removing two cats from the home is making him think he's next and therefore doesn't solve the issue. Was he well adjusted to the two cats before his problem started? If so, you didn't change a thing by giving them to someone else. Backtrack. It will come to you. Once it does, you can deal with it. Or....you can give up.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:48 AM
Harumph™©®

Bless the beasts and the children
for in this world they have no voice,
they have no...choice.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:15 AM
Top Dog

As annoying as it is, try something like this... (we may have covered this already, I don't remember)

Get a whole bunch of small plastic litterboxes. Lots of them from the dollar store or somewhere cheap. Buy a bunch of the smallest bags of cat litter. Scented, unscented, feline pine, yesterdays news, clumping, non clumping, different brands...etc... put them in all the boxes and label the boxes.

Now either put them all over your house and let him pick and choose for a awhile, or confine him to one room with all these choices. He will pick the ones that suit him and you can narrow it down from there. If after a week he doesn't touch 2 or three of them then remove them. Until you can narrow it down to one or two. Then stick with those. Some cats don't like how the litter feels. Is he declawed? Then this is even more important to try because declawed cats often have litterbox issues. Make sure to keep all these boxes super clean and spotless.

I know it sounds like a pain in the butt but this is your baby, he relies on you. It is your responsibility to try EVERYTHING. You don't have a lot of things left to try
Old 11-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Harumph™©®

The sense I got from the last post was she was going to get rid of the cat. If she comes back I will be thrilled and apologize profusely. But it sure looks that way. It's so much easier....

Quote:
I can NOT continue to have him ruin my house that I worked so hard to get all my life. It smells of cat pee. My boyfriend even had a friend of his come over and professionally clean the carpets and he's just pees on them again. I have tried the Feliway, downsizing the family, putting tarpes all over my house in the places he pees, putting him in a bedroom for weeks (that's just cruel), medication and testing for any illness. I really do not believe he is going to change.