Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 10-15-2006, 01:40 AM
Alexa's~Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loviedovie View Post
I am doing that this week, but I really think it's behavioral. I added 2 dogs in the last few months to the household. He is used to being the baby.
There's your problem right there. You need to somehow show him that he's still important. I kinda had the same problem with my cat.

She was our first, and since then we've added 4 more, plus my dog. She was okay with the second addition, because she was still a kitten when we brought him home, and they're related. The rest of them, she just hates. She hates the dog too. And for a while, she'd just lock herself up in either my room, or my dads, and not eat, or really, do anything. And she was just miserable. Wouldn't use the litter box either. She'd deliberately go to it, but go on the floor right next to it, just to make us mad. All I did was spend more time with her, than I was spending with the kittens and she got the message that she wasn't being replaced or anything. The problems went away.

She actually helps out with the other cats and the dog now. Especially when the dog is whining in its crate. She comes up, meows at it in a certain way, and the dog shuts up. It's amazing. I want to know what the heck she says to it, lol.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:46 AM
BusterLove

check the vet first. i'd say

but my cat doesn't even have a box anymore. he refuses to go inside. unless its absolutley necasary. he goes over the road or up to the park to do his business thank you very much

haha

Old 10-15-2006, 07:00 AM
Naturally Natural

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose_s View Post

but my cat doesn't even have a box anymore. he refuses to go inside. unless its absolutley necasary. he goes over the road or up to the park to do his business thank you very much

haha
that IS hilarious. if i see the cat currently using MY backyard as a litterpan, i am going to trap him and send him to animal control. won't his owner be laughing their butt off then?

ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, VC CDX ASCA-CDX CDX-H RE RL1X RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC FFX-OG

Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD ASCA-CD CD-H BN RN NA RL1 WAC ATT YTT PTT CGC

Bowie's Here Comes the Boom!

http://otchrah.blogspot.com/
Old 10-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberkim View Post
that IS hilarious. if i see the cat currently using MY backyard as a litterpan, i am going to trap him and send him to animal control. won't his owner be laughing their butt off then?
You would seriously have a cat basically sentenced to death because he pooped and buried it in your yard? That is sad...
Old 10-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Naturally Natural

If the owner cares about the cat, they will take it inside.

THe cat is not pooping and burying it in my yard. He poops in the middle of the yard, so people ranging from myself, my dog to my little 4 year old cousin, have stepped in it. In the past other cats have ruined flowerbeds and gardens. I know of other people that have had wild birds they spend incredible amounts of money on (to encourage them to pollinate their garden, to spend time in the area since they are avid birdwatchers, etc) killed by their neighbors cats.

If they are concerned about what happens to their cats, they should keep them inside.

ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, VC CDX ASCA-CDX CDX-H RE RL1X RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC FFX-OG

Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD ASCA-CD CD-H BN RN NA RL1 WAC ATT YTT PTT CGC

Bowie's Here Comes the Boom!

http://otchrah.blogspot.com/
Old 10-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Yorkie Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberkim View Post
If the owner cares about the cat, they will take it inside.

THe cat is not pooping and burying it in my yard. He poops in the middle of the yard, so people ranging from myself, my dog to my little 4 year old cousin, have stepped in it. In the past other cats have ruined flowerbeds and gardens. I know of other people that have had wild birds they spend incredible amounts of money on (to encourage them to pollinate their garden, to spend time in the area since they are avid birdwatchers, etc) killed by their neighbors cats.

If they are concerned about what happens to their cats, they should keep them inside.

This is a never ending debate on here and alot of people are going to continue to allow their cats to roam around and say it is best for them.

I would worry about your dog getting close to that though, you dont know if that cat is healthy and what could be in its feces.

Elissa
Old 10-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Alexa's~Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose_s View Post

haha
Heh, my oldest cats are like that. :P

They have a sandbox outside that they like using.

Well, not so much a sandbox, as a sandpile. It was originally going to be used for landscaping the yard, but then they took over, lol.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Active Pup

Ok, so I tried everything and to no avail is working. I even got the carpets professionally cleaned and put my cat in the bedroom with hardwoods. He's good unless there is carpet. I let him out for a second and he tried to pee.

Do I have a choice but to put him outside???
Old 10-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Harumph™©®

Quote:
If the owner cares about the cat, they will take it inside
...so we punish the cat. Seems fair.

To orginal poster, putting your cat outside only confirms that he is not loved anymore since you added other animals. But it is the easy way for you, yes?
Old 10-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Harumph™©®

Quote:
There's your problem right there. You need to somehow show him that he's still important.
Way to go, Alexas Mom!