Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-04-2005, 09:52 PM
BusterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agility23
Anything i post is a proven fact!

Christinas have massacered mass billions of people so how does that make them not scum?
some, some christians have masacred billions of people.

Just becasue their are a few people of a religion, race, age, whatever that are bad, doesnt make them all that way, thats how racism, sexism, agism and all the other prejudice beliefs begin
Old 04-05-2005, 02:58 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
Agility, what are Christinas? I have not heard of Christinas and how they've massacred billions of people?
Roman army massaered the celts

Witch trials

Crusades

List goes on and on
Old 04-05-2005, 08:21 AM
Felurian

It's a human problem, Agility - hating and even killing because people have different beliefs, lifestyles, viewpoints and opinions.

The Romans were not a Christian (or 'christina') empire. They worshipped a pantheon of gods largely absorbed from Greek culture. Most Roman soldiers were Mithras worshippers. The Gaulish Celts they mostly conquered through economic means. The Scots and Irish Celts mauled them pretty thoroughly (Hadrian's Wall was put up to protect the Roman settlements in Britain from them); at one point, Celts invaded and ravaged Rome itself.

The history of the western world is rife with examples of wars, crusades and persecutions fueled by dogma - it's human nature, unfortunately, and not limited to the Christian religion. It didn't even originate with the advent of Christianity.

It originates with hate, prejudice, ignorance, zealotry and bigotry.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-05-2005, 09:41 AM
Show Dog

incorrect the Romans originally worship pagan gods then later converted to Christianity.

Its a christian problem in a big way.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:48 AM
Felurian

Agility, once again, not only are your historical timelines completely out of synch, you're being incredibly obnoxious.

What's puzzling many of us is that there are times when your posts are almost reasonable; there are even some sympathetic posts to other members with problems. Then you blast into a thread like this one and display your lack of knowledge, manners and an utter inability to communicate in a civil and thoughtful manner.

It has reached a point where either you are going to have to do something to bridle your tongue or you won't be allowed to post for awhile.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-05-2005, 10:07 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
What's puzzling many of us is that there are times when your posts are almost reasonable; there are even some sympathetic posts to other members with problems. Then you blast into a thread like this one and display your lack of knowledge, manners and an utter inability to communicate in a civil and thoughtful manner.
Me thinks she forgot to take her meds
Old 04-05-2005, 10:41 AM
boxers-r-us

Agility - This forum is known for it's family like atmosphere. Although we all have our different opinioins on certain subjects we find a way to coexist happily. When you come on here throwing out opinions and it causes such a disturbance - take note. Don't just continue causing all this chaos, it's not welcome! Learn when to stop, think & shut-up. Make your opinion known in an unconfrontational way like it has been done on this site from the beginning. Opinions are welcome, chaos is not. I am a Christian - I am proud to say I am a Christian! To agree with the others... just because people kill, abuse, etc, and they CLAIM they are Christians, that is no reason to hate the rest of us. As Sunnypup said
Quote:
As for the amish, saying they all abuse animals is like saying all black people are in gangs, all hispanic people live in huts, all german people are nazis and all pitbulls are dangerous!
Does none of this make sense to you or are you so small minded that you punish people for what others have done, because one IS a Christian and the other CLAIMS they are a Christian or because SOME Amish people abuse animals now they all do? In your PROVEN FACTS does that mean that because some Asians abuse animals that they all are abusers or because SOME of them commit murder they all are murders? Or how about non-religious people or hindus or muslims or atheists, Americans, Brittish, Chineese.... Are they all condemed in your PROVEN FACTS because SOME do bad things? I'm not trying to say I'm perfect - no one is perfect - not even you. I'm just trying to show another side to things. I'm not going to urge you to leave the site, just to please be aware and considerate of other peoples feelings. I'm sure your intelligent, I'm sure you know as well as I do that Religion is a very controversial subject. It's something that both sides feel very strongly about and most people are willing to argue and even fight over it. Please take this into consideration the next time you would like to make such a derrogatory comment - try to help us keep the peace here. I'm going to apoligize to you now because I know I'm being very hypocritical here. I'm "preaching" my view/opinion while saying you shouldn't be so derrogatory. I'm sure my opinion may be derragatory to you. With that being said...as I said before Religion is a very touchy subject with all sides feeling very strong about their views. This is an example of that. Knowing you feel the way you do about "bible bashers" as you call them, makes me sad. I'm not going to push my religious beliefs on you but I will pray for you. I can not make you change your mind - that is for you to do if & when you're ready. Either way - I hope this post does show you why others are so angry with you.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Top Dog

Agility..your ignorance just plain amuses me..you're saying Christians massacred everyone? What about when Christians themselves were mutalated beyond belief at one point in history? What about that?

I think you're confusing religion here with HUMANITY...its HUMANS that can be cruel..its a HUMAN problem..not a CHRISTIAN problem...you offend me...I'm a Christian and to hear this makes me sick...what is your religious background? I'm sure I could name at least hundreds of downright dirty things that have occured in whatever religion you throw out on the table...but its not about the religion itself, its about the people and what they do...and ignorance, much like your own...

if you haven't noticed, Christianity teaches its followers to be respectful of those around them, to tolerate, and to never kill let alone massacre...my goodness...

Hmm..so just because a few bad PEOPLE did some terrible things in history, makes me a bad person because I'm a Christian? So its MY FAULT?...Give me a break!

That's just sad..you're a very ignorant person..you should educate yourself on this matter instead of simply hating everything that you are not...and just don't understand..

As for puppy mills...(back on topic here)...the best thing we can do is educate..I go to pet shops sometimes and when I see a potential customer wanting to buy a dog, I let them know the truth..I even volunteer to email them a list of shelters or good breeders where they can find a dog that ISN'T from a puppy mill...that's all we can do right now...if everyone stops buying, we wouldn't have this scumbag problem in the first place..

THANK YOU *steps off of soap box*
Old 04-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Show Dog

A few bad ???? we are not talking one or two people here we are talking about billions of christians like the entire christian church burning witches.... Or the entire church sending armys to the crusades.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:49 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

oh Agility give it up..im sorry but good grief. may i ask how old you are?..i just have to ask? there are thing more important in life than thinking you are right..there was a life lesson in all of this for you and i truly hope that you will reread it all very carefully and see how you are coming across..life will just smack you upside the head if you go out into the world like this..and i would hate to see that happen. Life lessons are never easy, and if you could learn from this one it might save you a great deal of embarrassment in the future.