Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-02-2005, 06:03 AM
Devout animal lover

Default Brandi made it home

After a month at the kennel for rehab and healing she finally got to come home. If you remember she tore the ligaments in both legs within a day of each other. Conventional surgery on one leg and TPLO surgery on the other leg. After laying for all of that time she has healed pretty well but now has no leg muscles at all. She still has one small area from her first surgery that has not completely healed. The incision got urine soaked and developed a small infection and would not close up. Finally it quit seeping, the vet cleaned it out and is looking much, much, better now. She still has staples in it though buty it is down to a 2" long place. The rest of the scars are healing up well and you can hardly tell where she was cut on. Brandi is finally starting to get some peach fuzz back on her legs and but also. Now when someone uses the cliche' "shave her butt and make her walk backwards" I have pics. LOL!! My wife is taking a weeks vacation to help Brandi out next week until she gets some legs back. She can walk but only for about 10' at a time, then has to sit and get her second wind before going on. This is also the first time in a month that she has got to sleep without wearing the satellite dish on her head. She has got to feel so much better. Especially with being home. She still has a long way to go, but I think with her being home she will recoup much faster now. At least she is more content.

Kevin

Brandi with her sister Nikki
Old 04-02-2005, 06:51 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

HOOORRRRAAAYYY for BrandI!
Old 04-02-2005, 08:22 AM
Don't encourage me..

I'm really pleased all went well!!!!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-02-2005, 08:25 AM
Top Dog

Nikki must be so glad Brandi is home, I bet she missd her. I am so glad she is home and healing. Give her some love from me.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:48 AM
Love my pets

I'm so happy to hear Brandi is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just thinking about her the other day and hoping her recovery was going well. Doggie hugs & kisses.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Felurian

That is good, good news, Kevin! She looks thrilled to be back home.

How's her diet going?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-02-2005, 11:57 AM
Jerk.

Thats great brandi, speedy recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin