Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Purdue#1

all i asked was why you would use some stupid word that in the case of a real emergency saying the dog's name is a natural reflex, and you go off about not using treats and corrections.

as i said before a leader, master, or dominate human or dog doesn't bribe other dogs to do something.. he tells them to do it and if they don't do it, they get corrected for their disobedience. All animals correct each other without thinking about it. Thats the way god intended it to be wether you want to believe it or not. Humans who have the ability to think and reason see it and think that is abuse, inhumane,etc.

If you think animals don't correct each other then you are the one that needs to do the learning.
Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 09-07-2007, 04:44 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Nevermind.. I don't dare ask...
Old 09-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Rebel With Cause

I love your posts Doc but I am going to ask my questions via pm I am not going into the ring here again.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:50 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue#1 View Post
If you think animals don't correct each other then you are the one that needs to do the learning.
Can you tell me what extensive studying you've done on animals and animal behavior?

Old 09-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Rebel With Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue#1 View Post
all i asked was why you would use some stupid word that in the case of a real emergency saying the dog's name is a natural reflex, and you go off about not using treats and corrections.

as i said before a leader, master, or dominate human or dog doesn't bribe other dogs to do something.. he tells them to do it and if they don't do it, they get corrected for their disobedience. All animals correct each other without thinking about it. Thats the way god intended it to be wether you want to believe it or not. Humans who have the ability to think and reason see it and think that is abuse, inhumane,etc.

I said I would not say anything but that is not my way. Why do you ask and then go into explaing your method. We know your method and let us agree to disagree. If you are so set against training a dog this way the please don't respond to Docs threads and make it miserable for those of us who choose to listen just stay out of it. You go train your way and we all want to hear Doc.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Top Dog

I was going to reply to ol Prudue, but I am not. I wouldn't disrespect this thread and how good it is (before this crap started) and the good Dr.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Rebel With Cause

Yes let's so respect to Doc and the great work she does.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Purdue#1

Quote:
How would you be able to use some odd word when your dog is running near a road, something that could get it killed? In a dangerous situation like that that a person's first reaction is to yell the dog's name.
Its a question. I was asking a question as to why and you went off on this rant about something else and never answered my first question. There's nothing mean about it. i was just asking, but then if you don't like people asking questions...
Old 09-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Top Dog

Hey, neato! I finally got to use the "ignore list" function .

Old 09-07-2007, 09:20 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Hey, neato! I finally got to use the "ignore list" function .
Neat, huh? Ive got two people on mine right now and it really helps me to get over having to deal with them, lol.