Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

With Lucas I am just brushing up on all of his commands and starting to work more on obedience at a distance. He is doing pretty well
Old 09-27-2006, 10:04 PM
tessa_s212

Cocoa- Go outs for Utility Obedience, signals, and bettering her heeling. In agility I would like to get her NADAC Elite titles, as well as the highest title possible in UKC agility. We should have both by end of next summer.

Marq- everything. His obedience needs alot of work. We haven't been working much. His heeling needs to be sharpened up. He needs better attention. His finishes need improved on slightly. And we've even been playing around a bit with the dumbell.

Dega- Taking sharper turns when I tell her too. Sometimes she likes to circle wide and might miss an agility obstacle. Other than that, she's sucha great agility dog.

Tusket & Tip- BOTH need work on weaves. They were doing SO much better on class monday. And they have been improving, but we need to work hard this winter for next spring's trials.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Evil Kitty taco eater

Working on T patterns, whistle sits, Wagon wheel drils, being steady at the line, Swim bys, triples, and steady to shot

You probably have no idea what these terms mean so here is a list of terms used for retrievers
http://www.retrievertraining.net/got.htm

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?
Old 09-27-2006, 10:25 PM
Naturally Natural

rah is working on many many things.

above all, were still working on manners. hes been very good for very many things, but sometimes his puppy brain goes crazy and his last two brain cells stop talking.

hes working in agility on contacts and learning that his feet can move independently from each other. were also building confidence on obstacles and hes learning to manuever and turn around on the aframe, etc.

were working on his basic obedience as well - sits, downs, and above all - attention work. were working on loose leash walking which is translating to heeling.

weve also done a lot of work building drive. hes started tracking a bit (i need to get back on this), and weve done some limited work witha schutzhund trainer as well.

in short, everything and anything.

ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, VC CDX ASCA-CDX CDX-H RE RL1X RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC FFX-OG

Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD ASCA-CD CD-H BN RN NA RL1 WAC ATT YTT PTT CGC

Bowie's Here Comes the Boom!

http://otchrah.blogspot.com/
Old 09-27-2006, 10:26 PM
Top Dog

I'm working towards Caza's SchII, we will be trialing in November. He's pretty good with all his commands I'm just reinforcing them.

Neeko- Just basic obedience, and his recall under heavy distractions (if there is other dogs involved he could care less who is calling him)

Hondo- I am working towards his CD title for a January show (he'll be 10 months). I am also preparing him for his BH next June (he'll be 15 months by then) ans his SchI in September. My trainer say he has no doubt that Hondo will get his SchI in september if I continue to work him the way I have. His obedience is excellent. Heeling is amazing (totally focused), sit-in-motion, down-in-motion (still working on that, I still slightly bend down when I command him down), his stays are incredible (through heavy distractions), and I can pretty much call him off of anything. I am also been taking him to playgrounds and gettin him used to obstacles and stuff.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:31 PM
Loves off-leash training!

I'm mostly working with Khana these days and she's just a joy to work with. We're practicing our novice obedience stuff in a competition class, which provides the distractions we need.

But outside of class we're working on some freestyle moves. She'll sidepass to the right when in heel position, and we're working on it with her in front of me. We're also doing more with her heeling on the right side, and getting her to do pivots where she backs up when on the right (which is much harder than the left, because we do pretty much everything on the left). I am also working on her circling me at a distance instead of up close (she will circle me clockwise and will back completely around me counter-clockwise). Distance work will be much more difficult for us overall.

Oh- and we've started the teeter for agility. Three sessions and she is banging it down at full heighth! Not much scares this girl.

I'll be teaching a rally class and a freestyle class starting this coming Sunday, so Trick will get to do some stuff too. She just needs one more leg for her excellent title, so I need to keep her fresh on the exercises.

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
Old 09-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Top Dog

Off leash obedience and basic agility work.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Active Pup

Britney does heel to either side. No worries. But today I noticed that if there are 2 dog owners walking side by side she will move to the wing position rather than walk to my immediate lef or right. I'm guessing that if she finds herself between 2 alpha dog owners, she feels she is in the alpha position and worries about being put in her place.

Part of me thinks that I should insist on the rules. But the other part of me is thinking that it might be best for all concerned to play it by the instinctive pack rules. Why confuse a dog?
Old 09-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Top Dog

It depends on our mood for the day . My "real" goal is to have her ready to compete in agility next spring or summer. She's doing beautifully, but really needs to work on her contacts, so I'm trying to teach her to down on a target. Correction: This week, I need to start teaching her to down on a target, not just think about it.

I'm getting her tested for her CGC the next time there is a test near us, and am starting to think I want her tested for therapy work. She would be amazing at it, but I'm not sure how well I would handle it.

I also really want to teach her to walk better on leash. She's almost never on one, so it's more a matter of me taking the time.

Quote:
I'm also working really hard on getting him to stick his tongue out on command
RD - Do you use the clicker? I taught my horse to stick his tongue out by "clicking" mid-lick. He picked up on it very quickly that way. It's a fantastic trick

Old 09-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Mistress Wigglebutt

Basic agility with Morrie. More drive towards obstacles and teaching him to do a little bit of distance stuff, working away from me. He's very dependant on me when performing sequences, *I* have to be doing it too or he's not really interested, and bungles the job - for example, six jumps set in a row and if I send him down and walk them, he'll go slow, drag his feet, knock jumps, come off the line, etc, but if I run with him at the speed I expect him to move, he'll go, jumps everything clean and clear, stays on task. I don't know how we're ever going to be able to do Gamblers!!

And Sarah.. well, she does nothing. The "queen" doesn't need to learn anything new!

-----
Puppy Whiskers, Callie Dog and my Angel, trimming and watering the grass at Rainbow Bridge while they wait for me.