Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 09-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Sled Dog Guardian

Sush,

There's no such thing as a responsible wolfdog breeder. And that link you sent is definitely a puppymill type operation. They breed only to sell to the unsuspecting public. They have 16 of these poor animals. I wonder how few acres they've crammed them all into?

I'm e-mailing them to see if they do any health testing (I doubt they do). If I don't get a response I'm going to call, this place is really disturbing.

Member of Dogs Deserve Better & In Defense of Animals & The Humane Society of the United States.
Volunteer for the Sled Dog Action Coalition.
Think the sled dog racing industry is humane? Think again!
Sled Dog Issues - Working Toward a Better Tomorrow.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 09-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Top Dog

I would definatly stay away from that breeder. If they are allowing you to pick up your pup at only 5 1/2 weeks, run!
Old 09-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Shiba Inu Slave

Absolutely stay away from the wolf cross breeder Sush mentioned. That is a disaster just waiting to happen.

As Summitview pointed out, there is NO such thing as a reputable wolf breeder.

Wolves are WILD ANIMALS point blank. Just because they LOOK like dogs does NOT make them dogs. It's like saying that your Ocelot is "just like a cat" because you bought him from an "Ocelot breeder." Sure. They LOOK like house cats (slightly bigger), but they are ANYTHING but. Most people would find it absolutely nuts to buy an Ocelot or a Lynx, or a Cougar...how the same sort of logic doesn't apply to wolves, I haven't the foggiest idea.

Behavioral studies comparing dogs and wolves have proved that as much as we like to THINK they are similar, they are NOT. There are very few people in this world equipped to handle them...and anyone breeding them and selling them to the general public as "ideal PETS" are NOT part of that select few.

And anyone who's letting people "order" these dogs over the internet?? They aren't handbags...they're animals. And potentially very dangerous ones at that. The fact that they're breeding them is bad enough, but selling them to anyone with cash is even MORE disgusting.

Stick to Malamutes or Sibes- the Nordic breeds are a handful in their OWN right!

Old 09-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Looking for a dog !

WTF....how do u determine how many % a puppy is...just ****ing retarded...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
If you do decided on a wolf hybrid here is the website of a reputable breeder in Florida. http://www.wolfhybrids.com/ I know two people who ordered pups from them (not that I condone ordering a dog) but one turned out to be just an absolute sweetheart (45%wolf and the rest Malamute) while the other one was afraid of most people, VERY destructive, jumped 7 foot fences, had constant stomache isues and ultimately escaped and got hit by a car. He was 65% wolf. The lowe the percentage the better pet they can make. I wouldn't completely say wolf hybrids dont make great pets. They just dont make great pets to 98% of the people that want them.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Top Dog

Easy , Musky ..... it's not hard to figure when you know the background .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 09-26-2006, 07:13 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitview View Post
Sush,

There's no such thing as a responsible wolfdog breeder. And that link you sent is definitely a puppymill type operation. They breed only to sell to the unsuspecting public. They have 16 of these poor animals. I wonder how few acres they've crammed them all into.

You took the words right out of my mouth!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Looking for a dog !

each animal has it's own genetic's you cannot determine without examining DNA..each pup with the same parent's can have different charasteristics...Just stupid to say one has 55% and one 34%...
Old 09-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musky hunter View Post
each animal has it's own genetic's you cannot determine without examining DNA..each pup with the same parent's can have different charasteristics...Just stupid to say one has 55% and one 34%...
MH you should calm down. It's just a way of approximating how much wolf they have in them based on their parentage.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Looking for a dog !

As tempura tantrum said it is very dangerous to sell animals that have approximatage amounts of wolf in them!

It doesnt matter how much so called % of wolf are in these animals, I cannot justify selling these hybrids.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Island dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by musky hunter View Post
There's no reason to get so upset about a thread and call ideas stupid. Not everyone is educated the same on all issues. You might want to choose a gentler approach.