Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 09-26-2006, 03:38 AM
Puppy Dog

basenji / pitbull / hound / lab...??
Old 09-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Top Dog

Beautiful Dog!

[Hudson's Blog] -- [Dogster Page] -- [My Website]
Old 09-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rij73 View Post
Beautiful Dog!
Thanks
Old 09-26-2006, 08:22 PM
LabBreeder

Part pit, IMO. Have the owners come forward about him yet? Or was he lost for good and you got to adopt/rescue him?
Old 09-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
He looks to me like he could be at least part Basenji . . .

http://www.basenji.org/?q=node/6

What kinds of sounds does he make? He has enough of the look that he could be full.
I agree he is definitely part basenji. Does he bark? My guess is basenji/boxer or basenji/pit depending on the picture and angle you look at him from. Sorry Renee, He's not full basenji. Basenji's ears are naturally up, never down and not half that big. That's where boxer comes in for me. Pits ears aren't quite that big either I don't think. Hmmmm, could be all three.
Puss, I have a basenji if you want to PM me with any questions. Or, you can click B.R.A.T. on my sig for a wealth of information and possibly pictures of other dogs (in the mix section) that loook like Puss (not you of course). For example, http://www.basenjirescue.org//DOGS-M...K/OK-Gypsy.asp

Last edited by mamasobuco; 09-26-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:37 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabBreeder View Post
Part pit, IMO. Have the owners come forward about him yet? Or was he lost for good and you got to adopt/rescue him?
No he's ours for good.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:39 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasobuco View Post
I agree he is definitely part basenji. Does he bark? My guess is basenji/boxer or basenji/pit depending on the picture and angle you look at him from. Sorry Renee, He's not full basenji. Basenji's ears are naturally up, never down and not half that big. That's where boxer comes in for me. Pits ears aren't quite that big either I don't think. Hmmmm, could be all three.
Puss, I have a basenji if you want to PM me with any questions. Or, you can click B.R.A.T. on my sig for a wealth of information and possibly pictures of other dogs (in the mix section) that loook like Puss (not you of course). For example, http://www.basenjirescue.org//DOGS-M...K/OK-Gypsy.asp
Yes he barks alot really deep and then loud chirps, but it's all show when you get near him even if your a stranger he'll want to play and jump on you. He can jump about 4-5ft in the air. Hes EXTREMELY vengeful if you slap his ear he'll turn around and jump on you for at least 5 minutes. Even if he's playing or doing something else and you touch him he doesn't forget to get you back. He's very fast it's like he floats and if he's mad he rams against the fence to get to the front yard and breaks it all the time I guess it doesn't hurt him. Fun dog
Old 09-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by puss View Post
Yes he barks alot really deep and then loud chirps, but it's all show when you get near him even if your a stranger he'll want to play and jump on you. He can jump about 4-5ft in the air. Hes EXTREMELY vengeful if you slap his ear he'll turn around and jump on you for at least 5 minutes. Even if he's playing or doing something else and you touch him he doesn't forget to get you back. He's very fast it's like he floats and if he's mad he rams against the fence to get to the front yard and breaks it all the time I guess it doesn't hurt him. Fun dog
Everything you've described outside of the barking are all basenji traits. Does he trot?
He is quite hansom btw.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

I say Basenji/Pit I see alot of both.
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 09-28-2006, 04:04 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasobuco View Post
Everything you've described outside of the barking are all basenji traits. Does he trot?
He is quite hansom btw.
yes very funny trot, and thanks