Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 09-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Are you dead yet?

Nope. The Papillon was just the cutest, "big-doggish" little dog I could find. The Border Collie was the logical choice for agility. (I just never knew I'd fall madly in love with the breed! I liked my puppy and his relatives, but I didn't get hooked on BCs until I realized just how brilliant mine was)

I believe the dog on "Winn-Dixie" is a Berger Picard?
Old 09-25-2006, 10:13 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Everyone asks me if I got Maddie because of Lady and the Tramp I actually didn't. Even though now I see a resemblence No, I chose the breed after I did some online quizes, went to a show, talked to some breeders / owners and read TONS of books, ect...

I've seen several movies with Sib's... I'd love to have one, but I know that the breed wouldn't quite fit my lifestyle right now.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 09-26-2006, 02:55 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I'm of the "as a kid" type - we had a collie when I was a kid.
When my sister moved out, she got a sheltie instead because she was in an apartment. She moved back home with us and brought that sheltie, plus a second one who she got from a sheltie rescue... and that was the end of it. =>
Then came Auggie - and now it's all downhill from here, haha!! (They're like potato chips... you can't have just one...)

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-26-2006, 11:09 AM
We are Home.

yea winn dixie is a picardy shepard.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-07-2006, 03:53 AM
cindr

Default nope

Well I can say this nope. I did not need to go to a movie to find the breed of my choice. I Know that no matter the dog or the breed that was not near as important as what you and or i did with it. If it were a couch patatoe, a full trained Ob Dog or your little chimix terrier by the name of Peter that would go horse back riding with you every day.

My Peter, no larger than a peanut, was one of the best dogs I ever owned. Holly my horse loved him as I did. We go out for our ride, with Peter in tow, we'd get 200. feet and poor Peter would be tired. I'd stop Holly and ask him you want to ride little man? He'd get up on his hinds and flap his front paws and say yes please with his little bark. I would reach down as far as I could and he'd leap into my arm. Off we would go to ride for 1 or more hrs. Now no movie could be as precious as your own made memories of your own dogs
Old 10-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Chihuahua Power!

When I was really young (elementary school), I wanted a chihuahua. My parents always said "no" because they believed in the common misconceptions about the breed. When I went to college and had my own apartment with my boyfriend, we decided to get a dog and we chose a chihuahua. They are the smallest breed, very loving, and now we can they are in fact very addicting!
I can't stand Paris Hilton, and there are so many people who get chihuahuas because of her. Ugh! Before the recent chihuahua phase, I can't think of any movies/books/shows which featured chihuahuas.
However, when I was 5 I loved foxes, and my parents decided to get a pomeranian because he looked like a "little fox."
Growing up we also had a dalmatian and a toy poodle, but neither of them were purchased because of any inspiration.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 10-07-2006, 12:17 PM
but please call me Aus.

Nope. There aren't many ACDs in movies or books... Although an ACD did star as the "mean dog" in Babe, but I definatly wasn't inspired by that.

I like the breed because of their personality, size, intelligence, and energy level.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

When I was little I used to watch Lady and the Tramp like my life depended on it. And it still is one of ly closet favorite movies lol so yeah I think it did. My mom and I have always nicknamed the Cocker Spaniel breed as "Lady Dogs" lol.

I always wanted a Siberian Husky since I was 8 and read Call of the Wild. Yes I read the book when I was 8. I also had the movie Balto that always made me want a sled dog. And then in came Sheba and Mishka .

Even though Duke was a family dog I always wanted a great dane because of the movie "The Ugly Daschund". And of course I loved the Great Dane in Oliver and Company. I also had a book I forget what it was called I think "Baby and the Coyotes". Which was about a Great Dane that made a poor guard dog and his name was Baby.
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 10-08-2006, 02:12 PM
I Love My Belgian

Nope -- the only groenendael I had seen on TV was on Top Dogs and it was big, hairy, and slow. They portray wolves in films quite often but I probably never recognised them as Belgians.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Wow, if I got a dog everytime I saw a breed I liked in movies I would have a LOT of dogs, lol. Beethoven opened up my views of Saint Bernards. I got interested in them since I saw the movies. I love Saint Bernards.
Pixie, Lady and the Tramp made me like cockers more too.
But the main point. . .Nope, in the end, it didn't influence me to get a breed for reason of a movie. I have mixed breeds now and I LOVE rotts because I've grown up with them surrounding me. I decided on dogs for companionship and the decision was based on the individual dog.