Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 09-23-2006, 10:10 AM
cindr

Default Have you ever had someone want one of your dogs pups for free???

The reason I am writting this short but lengthy note is because I am sick and tired of the wacko's out there that want well breed dogs for nothing.

As stated in many of my posts I have many yrs invested. Our dogs are bred to standard. Hips elbows shoulders eyes registration papers. Bred to a dog that has the same and at that a compliment specimine of the breed.

So here is what I have received in the kast 11 weeks.
1) I am interested in one of your dogs. Would you consider a trade? One of my pups for yours! NOPE WON"T HAPPEN

2) I am interested in one of you pups the dog would have everything it ever wanted, I would sleep in my bed and go everywhere with me. But oppsie I forgot I do not have any money to buy the dog. So would you let me have the dog and when she is old enough to have a litter I will have her bred and give you the whole litter.

Well as we sit on the last 4 pups and start the training on them I will state that I am getting attached and If the right homes do not come along I will keep them. No questions asked. I have a deal with a few Police Services that have come out and look so Hey if I have to donate them I would rather donate them to the POLICE SERVICE Rather than the freaks that I have had call me. They just need to understand that a well breed dog comes with a price. This is why it truely pisses me off that these back yard breeders and puppy millers sell their dogs that have been bred each and every time left right and center. To what line their back pockets and these people say hey I have that kinda money so not only do they buy a dog but the buy the vet bills too. So stupid:
Old 09-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Yorkie Love

Some people just dont understand the whole process... very sad.

I would not keep 4 dogs from the same litter, however, donating to the police sounds nice, if you can not find suitable homes for them.

Good Luck

Elissa
Old 09-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Dog Crazy

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindr View Post
The reason I am writting this short but lengthy note is because I am sick and tired of the wacko's out there that want well breed dogs for nothing.

As stated in many of my posts I have many yrs invested. Our dogs are bred to standard. Hips elbows shoulders eyes registration papers. Bred to a dog that has the same and at that a compliment specimine of the breed.

So here is what I have received in the kast 11 weeks.
1) I am interested in one of your dogs. Would you consider a trade? One of my pups for yours! NOPE WON"T HAPPEN

2) I am interested in one of you pups the dog would have everything it ever wanted, I would sleep in my bed and go everywhere with me. But oppsie I forgot I do not have any money to buy the dog. So would you let me have the dog and when she is old enough to have a litter I will have her bred and give you the whole litter.

Well as we sit on the last 4 pups and start the training on them I will state that I am getting attached and If the right homes do not come along I will keep them. No questions asked. I have a deal with a few Police Services that have come out and look so Hey if I have to donate them I would rather donate them to the POLICE SERVICE Rather than the freaks that I have had call me. They just need to understand that a well breed dog comes with a price. This is why it truely pisses me off that these back yard breeders and puppy millers sell their dogs that have been bred each and every time left right and center. To what line their back pockets and these people say hey I have that kinda money so not only do they buy a dog but the buy the vet bills too. So stupid:

thats terrible,
i think u should donate them to the police service if u cannot find them homes. what breed are they?
Old 09-23-2006, 11:14 AM
Dog Show Addict

lol I can completely understand what you mean.

I have people offer me money for Riot though - when hes NOT for sale.

Or have people ask me "when I'm breeding him b/c theyd love a puppy".

Firstly, Riot is only 14months old
secondly, he has no testing done YET
thirdly, he still has a few titles to go because hes even offered up for stud services!

What breed do you breed?

Riot is a Belgian Tervuren
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 09-23-2006, 11:51 AM
BusterLove

tahst annoying. we had about 10 people ask to buy a pup from sophie if we ever bred her.

we havn't she's old. has bad hips, bad back and has had no testing, she's mixed breed and such but my mum was considering breeding her to a mastiff up north. a big brindle boy. unfortunatley, about 2 weeks before we took her up... her boyfriend got stolen

Old 09-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Top Dog

Another good reason not the breed unless you have good home on waiting list and not to sell over the internet .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 09-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Top Dog

Are you advertising on the internet? Maybe word the qualifications for ownership a little more strongly? If you have your own site put it above every spot your email appears, headed by "Do Not Waste Your Time If....."?

Not saying you do, just an aside comment, but sites like AdPost and Hoobly make you wonder. Advertise anything and everything across the world just seems a little hinkey when it comes to animals. Could be a hotbed for abuse on both ends, I couldn't imagine trying to weed out the kooks.

People will always try to get what they can for free, or at least give it a shot if the process costs them nothing. File the obvious quacks away in your junk folder and delete them off to oblivion.

SummerRiot, somebody approached me in the park and asked if I'd consider breeding Quincy. Guess with all the hair they didn't notice he was missing some vital, errrrrr, aides. His markings are good, but he's pretty far from purebred standard in build. My jaw dropped before I started laughing.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Sled Dog Guardian

Over the years, the dog I've had the most ignorant joe public requests to breed is Arthur.

"He has such beautiful blue eyes, we want our puppies to have blue eyes, will you breed him to our girl? You can have a puppy."

"He looks so much like a wolf! We want our puppies to look like that."

Mostly the blue eyed comment is what I heard but every once in a while someone inquired because they wanted "wolfy" looking puppies.

I neutered Arthur when I first got him. I'm always joke about taking these ignorant fools' money and letting Arthur "breed" their females anyway :-P

Member of Dogs Deserve Better & In Defense of Animals & The Humane Society of the United States.
Volunteer for the Sled Dog Action Coalition.
Think the sled dog racing industry is humane? Think again!
Sled Dog Issues - Working Toward a Better Tomorrow.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 09-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Training the Trainer

Oh we get that with Chester and Ruby all the time, `Wow, they're beautiful, are you going to breed them? I'd be interested in a puppy if you did' and so forth.

The people who ask me such questions usually get such a mouthful in response, though, that I doubt they'll ever ask anyone again...lol. A polite mouthful, but a mouthful nonetheless. It usually starts with `No way, absolutely not, you won't ever catch me helping to perpetuate the unwanted dog crisis by backyard breeding'....and usually by this point they are wide-eyed starting to back away....lol lol

But it makes me SO mad - the casual ignorance with which people ask such questions.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 09-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Evil Kitty taco eater

How about someone asking you to let them breed to thier dog when your dogs certs arent done yet. After explaining that, they are willing to breed based on pre-lims. GAHH NO!

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?