Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Stories

Old 03-31-2005, 02:54 PM
Top Dog

Default Funny Vet Visit

I just had to share this quick funny story. I brought both my dogs, Sadie and Nora, to the vets Monday morning. For the life of me, I could not find the second leash. So I had my youngest daughter (8 yrs old) come with me to hold Sadie on the leash and I physically held Nora (she's only 15 pounds lol) Anyway I think I'm trailing of the subject here ), They both were put in the back seat PANTING away. My car still stinks of dog breath. It was POURING RAINING and Nora had her front paws on the console of the car and back paws on the back seat. (THANK GOD THE VET IS ONLY UP THE ROAD) Anyway (there I go again ) Everytime the windshield wipers would go back and forth, Nora would literally 'duck' down. It was hystrical to see. OK well, now that I babbled so much to tell the story, it doesn't seem that funny. But you had to be there to see the whole thing. Between all the windows being steamed up from their panting, Nora ducking left and right and me having to finagle (sp ?) keeping her with me..... what a morning! LOL
Old 03-31-2005, 05:40 PM
Love my pets

Oh how funny! My lab, Brandy, that I used to have always barked like she was going to attack a statue of a bull where I used to live. It was the only thing she ever showed aggression towards.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:56 PM
Island dweller

Mikey is the worst for riding in a car. He always tried to get in the drivers lap. If there is only one person then he is content to sit on the passenger seat which I don't like. And if we force him to ride in the back then he literally sits on Maverick's head or wherever. Of course Maverick takes up most of the back seat so I don't blame him.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:40 PM
no touchy

LOL! That must've been so cute!

My girls are OK for car rides, I suppose. They all love them. We have a mini van, and sometimes we'll take out the back seat and stick the crates in so two dogs can ride in crates and we don't have to deal with three big dogs jumping around the car, but the seat is very heavy. The Terrier mix always tries to sit in the front seat . She loooves looking out the window and can't do it in the back if she's sitting on the floor. The Lab likes to lay on the seats, while the collie mix and terrier mix like to sit on the seats and watch all the other cars go by. It's a nightmare taking them to the vet together, though. They're getting better, but there's nothing like having three dogs panting right in your face. Which reminds me...we have to bring them in for checkups. Uh-oh !
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:51 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

packs on wheels i adore this..Victor stands your dog did..back legs braces against the back sit..body between the two bucket seats and his nose almost but not quite touching the windshield..enough that you have to wash his nose prints eventually or passengers like Mom and Aaron complain..i am going to design a hood ornament just like he stands because if he could..i am sure he would be out there on the hood.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Felurian

It's a laugh, I'm sure, to see me coming down the road in warm weather when Shiva's in the car. She sticks her big head out of the sunroof, jowls flapping in the breeze. If she and Kharma are both in the car, there are two big, jowly heads stuck out of the roof.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-06-2005, 03:42 PM
K-9 lover ;)

How cute! I bet that was a hoot watching Nora duck between swipes! Rookie loves for me to open the sunroof and he will put his front paws on my console and try his hardest to stick his little head out of the sunroof. Unfortunately for him, he is too short! It is so cute thought! He will also give me kisses when I least expect it (while standing on the console).
RIP my sweet baby....
Rudy - 15 year old dalmation/lab mix