Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Top Dog

How can you tell if they are sincere in their post grammy? I often wondered how you can tell if it's a troll or not.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Shiba Inu Slave

Honestly, I have no patience for this kind of crap.

Clean up your manners. While I can't be sure where YOU were raised, most of us weren't raised in a barn.

Please. Mannerless AND clueless? I couldn't think of someone I'd rather buy a dog from. LOL.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Top Dog

Old 09-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Top Dog

Nancy ... We really can't tell if they're trolls , but many who are banned come back under new handles to stir up trouble and controversy ....those are caught and banned again ....the trolls hang themselves . Through their words and actions. I personally don't have the savvy to catch these trouble makers , but really give many thumbs up to Chaz and the other Mods. ! Blieve me , many spend many hours here to monitor their own areas and keep on top of everything . My kids say , why don't you volunteer ? I do , here !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 09-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Ruled by a RED boy!

What is with all the CHI's getting bred lately I think the definition of a troll is posting less than 3 times They start a thread to get others going and leave
Old 09-19-2006, 09:46 PM
LabBreeder

If you are not a troll - Get an abortion, spay her and never breed again. Your female is WAY to young and you are obviously not prepared for any of this. Why breed if you don't know what you're doing? Are you bettering the breed? Are they both registered and titled in some way? Are the temperaments and conformations excellent for male and female? By the way, why be so rude if you actually want help?

If you are a troll - B!t3 M3 !!! There is no need to be rude and obnoxious. There is also no need to try and stir $4!t up.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Brittany

God, how rude?!? These posts make me SO mad and there's been WAY too many lately! !!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Sled Dog Guardian

I did a quick google search for "chihuahua whelping," and here are my findings:

CHIHUAHUA WHELPING PROBLEMS
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/P.../chiwhelp.html

ONE BIG PUPPY - (the singleton) This one is self-explanatory. A bitch carries only one puppy, it gets all of the nutrition in her system, and is too big to be whelped without a C-section.

TOO MANY PUPPIES - Sometimes the bitch will conceive a huge litter, run out of room to carry them. They either have the litter a week to ten days early or have a C-section because there is absolutely no room for them to move down the uterine horns or take up the position for natural birth.

MUMMIFIED PUPPY IN THE WAY - In this case a puppy dies early in the pregnancy, mummifies, and then blocks the birth canal at the time labour occurs. Sometimes it will pass and normal birth will progress but often the dead puppy is the wrong shape to pass through the pelvic rim. Often a C-section is the only option in this case.

SEPARATED PLACENTA PUPPY - This is a case where the placenta of one of the pups in a litter peels loose in the uterus. The telltale sign is dark green fluid discharge before the first puppy is born. A C-section is usually necessary if this occurs.

ANAESTHETIC OVERDOSE - Any time a Chihuahua is put under anaesthetic there is a risk that the dog's system won't cope. A long procedure under anaesthetic can cause anaesthetised puppies with depressed breathing and heart rates this can cause puppy deaths.
Because of how young your girl is, and because Chihuahuas often have problems whelping, I would definitely be taking her to the vet to see whether or not she is pregnant. If she is pregnant, I would recommend spaying for her safety. She is far too young to have a litter, her body is not ready and she is most likely not mentally ready. Are you ready to try and hand raise an entire litter of tiny, fragile puppies if need be?

This is an EXCELLENT site I found that shows how involved (photos!) a Chihuahua whelping session is: Birth of a Litter.

Have you ever bred a litter of Chihuahuas before?

Member of Dogs Deserve Better & In Defense of Animals & The Humane Society of the United States.
Volunteer for the Sled Dog Action Coalition.
Think the sled dog racing industry is humane? Think again!
Sled Dog Issues - Working Toward a Better Tomorrow.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 09-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Scum scum scum scum..SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieCollie View Post
Oh LOL, look what I found!

But.. but.. its so cute!!

Thanks BP!! I LOVE it!! I'VE BEEN FROSTED! I have been befriended by Buddy'sParents! YAY!

Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill,
Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
~Rupert Brooke

Nature hates calculators.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"
Old 09-20-2006, 07:26 AM
Top Dog

I have a question relating to this but not directed at the Op (because obviously, she wouldn't know).

At 8 months her dog is still a growing puppy, right? Wouldn't the added weight and nutritional requirements of a pregnancy at this age be detrimental to her growth and bone/joint development?
Closed Thread