Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Active Pup

Default my dog doesn't want to pee/poop in my yard!

can anyone help? we've had our dog for 4 mo. rescued her from shelter. she is 18 mos. old. she doesn't want to go to the bathroom in our yard! is holding out to be walked. i walk her each night but need to train her to go in the yard. she has held it as long as 18 hrs!! most days she'll go (reluctantly) in a.m. then will hold it until our walk at night -- usually around 9:30 p.m. any suggestions??
Old 09-19-2006, 12:19 AM
Top Dog

I know this sounds gross... but maybe try putting some of her poop in the yard in the spot you want her to keep pooping in. This might teach her its a good thing as the smell stimulates her to go. It might also stimulate her to pee, but if you want to be even more gross try taking a pee sample to put in the yard (or get another dog to go into your yard so she can mark over the scent)
Old 09-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Top Dog

I agree, I would also try putting some of her poop in your yard. Maybe if you can get her to pee on a paper towel or something and put that in your yard too?