Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-30-2005, 04:12 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Default saga of Onyx's little boy

JUst came to my door with a leash attached to rangy,flat coated, coon hound looking mix..tall,skinnier than vic, but with a real pretty face and old wise eyes. He asked me "if i knew who's dog it was" and i said "i sure dont..i wish i did" so i told him to hang on while i swquinched myself between the door and my dogs that never use to act like this before..and wrote him the name of lost dog registry, petsaver.com..which was all i could think of off the top of my head..we all know his parent know the number to the pound. Was a real nice dog..the dog he probably should have in the first place..not a brassy pushy wonderful handful like onyx. it's cold out there too..wonder if he can't take it home..wonder if he will have to turn it loose..wonder now if maybe i should go out there and see..it is time for me to leave anyway to pick up Aaron..little boys with big brown eyes and old coondogs with big brown eyes..geeeez
Old 03-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Love my pets

Oh Smkie, I know how you feel wondering if you should have done something different. I hope the boy's parents did the right thing for the dog.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:06 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i wasn[t thinking on my toes there..dang it..i did find him and asked him if his parent were going to let him keep him over night...he said they might..he was hoping his dad would let him keep her..but he wasn't sure. It is cold out now..going to drop down to 30 (which means everybody i carried out plant wise must come in) tonight. So i told him i was his back up if it did't work out.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:12 PM
Love my pets

Smkie, you are such a good person!
Old 03-31-2005, 05:34 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

animal control went by today...wonder where all the dogs are. I do hope Onyx is not in that truck..i told Renee that i thought she wasn't trying to be mean to me..she was saying THAT IS MY CAR MY CAR MY CAR. I see her as a brassy, pushy, wonderful woman that goes for what she wants..the dog across the street does not have my affection however..he and i have a daily morning arguement about how he is not goint to hike his leg on my porch nor defficate right in front of my porch. He is not friendly, and sneaky acting. His owner lets him run every morning and lets him run on trash night too. I chase him out of my garage regularly. I wouldn't wish any dog a trip to the pound...but if they put the owners in that truck and made them stay at the shelter i would be very happy indeed.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:41 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Guess who is in my living room..hip bones and ribs showing,,,,,,talllll dog with coon hound face. Sits on command and downs too. Boy oh boy how do i get myself into this? Little boy told me i could keep the collar..funny isn't it?
Old 03-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Don't encourage me..

You're a dog Magnet too! like Love4Pits! They are just drawn to you! There must be something in the air around your house!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 03-31-2005, 07:19 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

saga of Dominique (sp?) Aaron named him
Nic and Vic ..have been playing until they have to run to the water bowl.to cool off .and then they are back at it until they wore each other out..they napped and now they are back to romping.
Nic ate out of a bowl at the same time as mary and Victor..didn't even look up when mary finished (she always inhales her food) and walked out of the room
Bought victor a new toy at thrift store today..a smiley stuffed toy that vibrates..giggles like a child and says at the end THATS FUNNY. So Victor has it..and is teasing the other dog, holding it while he as his shoulder turned so Nic can't get it..Victor is smiling..even Aaron commented on it. We are watching them play so nicely when that toy says THATS FUNNY and it was. While they napped Aaron forgot the dog was even here...he looked down and said i forgot you were here.
Mary is a little jealous of the fun they are having ..but not in a mean way..she just knows she is too old for that.
I gave her a big big hug and said that nothing has changed..and it never will and she thumped her tail and gave me a kiss.
Victor just stole his toy back and nic is barking at him while wagging his tail..nicely
NOW THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN THE TOY AND ARE BACK TO CHEWING ON EACH OTHER.
They must be the same age..dog will not stay..it isn't even a consideration. But i have sources and we did it once before..we can do it again. This dog sits..downs and is polite. I think this has to be someone's dog. I am getting off this forum now like a good girl and post him in some found dog sites.. Wish him luck please.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:28 PM
Don't encourage me..

Good luck Dominic! Hope you find your mummy and daddy or if not find a new mummy and daddy who loves you!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 03-31-2005, 07:43 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i posted at petfinder .com lost dog found dog..and i fido finder..i will look for more tomorrow and check with the local shelters. I called lost dog registry and left them a detailed message. They will confirm it at 10 tomorrow morning. He knows down and sit..but doens't know shake. I told Aaron that and his age would be the questions to ask if someone claims him..that way we will know for sure. i lost a dog twice..one that slept on my pillow from Hyia's age to my teen years. One way or the other this is a right nice dog.