Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 03:22 PM
whatszmatter

still waiting on the pedigree and what makes these dogs so skillful?? again what venues are they trained in Tracking?? thru who, what can they do that's so special? I'll tell you what the dogs we breed can do.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatszmatter View Post
still waiting on the pedigree and what makes these dogs so skillful?? again what venues are they trained in Tracking?? thru who, what can they do that's so special? I'll tell you what the dogs we breed can do.
If ya bothered to read ya might have noticed they are currently in tracking and are very SKILLED at it. I'm sorry i'f my dogs cannot ride a tricycle like yours but they are having fun tracking and that's important. I'm not gonna get into a "my dog is better than your dog" debate, it's both immature and extremely juvenile. Besides i never laid claim on the website they have tracking or any other certificate so honestly what does it matter at this point. You are simply nit picking cause you don't have any valid arguements other than...."silver bad".
Old 09-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Top Dog

Question : How can a Silver Lab be registered when the color isn't acceptable ?

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 09-12-2006, 03:38 PM
:( only one :(

and pedigree.........?

I can tell you're very proud of your dogs so you'd think you'd be just as happy sharing your dog's pedigree with us. Most great breeders LOVE to show their pride and joy.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:41 PM
silverbest

Just to throw a monkey into this because I am trying to learn found this

http://www.silverlabs.com/controversy.htm#.

what do you think?

According to this silver labs do exist and were proven 100% lab. They are however registered as a chocolate because they are a forum of chocolate colouring.

So based on this am I right in saying the arguement here is the way these labs are described not the actual lab.

If they were listed as chocolates that would make it acceptable because that is how they are registered.

However maybe it should be silver chocolate that way people would not be expecting a chocolate dog, but a greyish chocolate!

Thoughts appreciated!
Old 09-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbest View Post
Just to throw a monkey into this because I am trying to learn found this

http://www.silverlabs.com/controversy.htm#.

what do you think?

According to this silver labs do exist and were proven 100% lab. They are however registered as a chocolate because they are a forum of chocolate colouring.

So based on this am I right in saying the arguement here is the way these labs are described not the actual lab.

If they were listed as chocolates that would make it acceptable because that is how they are registered.

However maybe it should be silver chocolate that way people would not be expecting a chocolate dog, but a greyish chocolate!

Thoughts appreciated!
Here's an interesting link for you: http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/silverlabs.html

I don't think anyone is saying that silver labs are not labs. Every breed has a standard and there will always be breeders who don't adhere to that standard, whether it's due to the fact that their own breeding dogs aren't in line with the standard or they've found a fad breeding that they can market to the public for higher prices. Breeding specifically for the colour silver is outside of the standard; the same as breeding blue or liver shepherds because you can sell these "unique" colours to the public. Lots of people want something different; it doesn't make it right.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:51 PM
Active Pup

I have already PM's Momof7 and she will get their pedigree and you can let her tell ya. I just don't understand what the pedigree will tell ya?? Previous champions? Health? I would not have purchased these dogs unless they were healthy. I was definitley planning on purchasing crippled dogs to sell them to people..come on a little far fetched don't ya think?? I realize ya really dislike silvers but why nit pick through there entire pedigree so you can find something, anything to bash about. If this were a decent forum where ya can converse like adults and not have moronic bashing i would have no problem but that's not what's happening here. I came here to defend myself in regards to Labreeders false accusation and all of a sudden it's "Silver's Suck" attitude and "my dog's better than your dog". It's terrible and shameful. Like i said earlier so much for a civilized discussion. My dogs don't leap tall buildings, fly through the air like superman or even clean up after themselves but they are in tracking and just because they don't have a championship under there buckle (which i never claimed they did) they have to start somewhere now don't they??
Old 09-12-2006, 03:53 PM
whatszmatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetee07 View Post
If ya bothered to read ya might have noticed they are currently in tracking and are very SKILLED at it. I'm sorry i'f my dogs cannot ride a tricycle like yours but they are having fun tracking and that's important. I'm not gonna get into a "my dog is better than your dog" debate, it's both immature and extremely juvenile. Besides i never laid claim on the website they have tracking or any other certificate so honestly what does it matter at this point. You are simply nit picking cause you don't have any valid arguements other than...."silver bad".
what is there registered name, want to check the certs, and I did read they were involved in tracking, so is my uncles dog, the only thing it can follow is a trail from dragged piece of ham. So what do you track them on, how long can they go, what have the "found" anyone can say they work on tracking, now tracking that means something, that is entirely different. Do you track on grass, tall grass, variable surface, asphalt, dirt, etc?? so I ask again, which venue do you track them in and what have they achieved?? Skirt questions to which you have no answer for??
Old 09-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Top Dog

If silver labs are considered a light shade of chocolate (which was always my impression), why call them silver and give the impression that they are "ZOMG RARE!!!!111"? They're NOT rare, they're a type of chocolate labrador.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Are You Blowing Me Off?

I don't think anyone here dislikes any dogs. Your "silver" dogs are not at fault. If I could save one from a shelter, I probably would (altered of course). But I would never support unethical breeding by paying 1000. to you. If there is no demand....... Then there is no need for supply.

You as an owner and breeder are at fault for breeding dogs for the sole reason to make money.

It has nothing to do with us liking your dogs or a color of a dog. How shallow would that be? It has to do with breeders that breed away from standard......dogs that are disqualified and then sold at an outrageous prices to the unsuspecting public that are thinking they are getting something extra special..... for that cost your dogs should be able to leap flying buildings.
Closed Thread