Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-30-2005, 03:28 AM
Top Dog

Well mine were called for these reasons:- Bailey already had the name from a pup so kept it, Willow after a character in Buffy the Vampire Slayer(Fan) timber for two reasons his fathers pet name is Timberhe also looked like his father and from day 1 he was called timber pup and I wanted to stick to the tree theme as his mother is called willow, and Savannah I was going mad thinking of a name for her when late on night I was watching TV and a lady in the programme was called it and I thought oooh I like that, so that was it

Mo
Old 03-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Puppy Dog

coon-he looked like a coondog when we got him
sassy-she was just sassy when she adopted us (my granddaughter named her)
dips*it-that's how he acted from the time he was born...LOL
moufy-she came out barking and never stopped
argyle-she has all four legs looking like she is wearing argyle socks complete with the toes all white
ghost-was colored like a car my hubby had that was called "the grey ghost"
all the other puppies have names too, bigboy, brutus, houdini, lilmiss, princess, stripe

MY FAMILY
MY GALLERY

FEED AN ANIMAL FOR FREE
Old 03-30-2005, 10:16 AM
no touchy

Colby Cheesehead--we got her around the time the Packers won. The shelter named her Cheesehead. We added Colby because she's the color of colby cheese and we wanted to call her Colby Cheesehead.

Mayberry--we wanted a spring name.

Tippy--she is a Border Collie mix, and has got an adorable white tip on her tail. We call her Tipsy .

Nicknames....hmm.

Colby--Cheesehead, Cheesebutt, Cheesey, Chi Chi, Veggie Dog, Physco Mutt, Young Lady, CheeseAPoo.

May--May Moo, Moo Moo, Old Lady, Ms. Moo, MayBearRoo.

Tippy--Tipsy, Tips, Tipparoo, Woo Woo, Little Girl, Tippypoo, Silly, Fuzzy Mutt, FuzzButt, Stinky.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Mop Lover!

Wow some of you have a lot of pets!!!!!!!!!! well i dont really have any pets but want some!!!!

"You may have a dog that won't sit up, roll over or even cook breakfast, not because she's too stupid to learn how but because she's too smart to bother." - Rick Horowitz
Old 03-30-2005, 10:44 AM
Felurian

Bimmer is (mostl, lol) German, very fast, maneuverable, has beautiful lines, is very civil but has a very capable wild side, and he came home in the 750. It just suited him when nothing else did.

Charley named Shiva, after the Hindu diety, Shiva the Great Destroyer. I told him that was an awful lot of name to saddle a puppy with! He was hoping for a real terror who would make the Buffy-killer wish they'd left Buffy alone She's done a very good job of living up the the Great Destroyer concept, as you know if you've read some of the Shiva stories, lol, but she's a sweet natured creature who wants to be loved. I'm glad of that - it helps to keep her safe ~

Kharma (difficult concept to put into words, easier to live than to talk about - what comes back to you, sort of) was my choice. Buffy was out of Calliope and Gamble. Kharma's mother (Cagney) was out of Buffy's mother (Calliope) and a different father, and Kharma's litter was the result of a breeding between Cagney and Gamble, so Buffy would be Kharma's half-sister and her aunt. Kharma is the karma - good Kharma, bad Kharma, and as it turns out (she's extremely fast and cuts so quickly), Instant Kharma. She's got enough of Buffy in her to be able to finish the line of the song, "Instant Kharma's gonna get you . . ." She takes good care of me!

Charley named Buffy for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, lol. She had the same moody temperament as the character, along with the other aspects. We used to laugh and shake our heads: if the character had been a dog it would definitely have been our Buffy!

My wonderful blue Gonzo cat was named for the character on TV, Gonzo Gates. He was just like that character, especially when it came to the girls (even though he was neutered, lol)

Gulliver the yellow cat was well traveled. He turned up at the airport where my Dad was the engineer on a plane load of marijuana that was intercepted coming from Acapulco. He went on to travel with us, going camping, to Disneyland (he stayed in the camping trailer of course). He also liked to nap in our dollhouses.

Purdue was named after my Dad's alma mater. He was a black and gold German Shepherd (school colors) and we figured it would endear him to my Dad, who had always said he didn't want a big dog. He was crazy about Purdue. Purdue completely won him over to the German Shepherd Way, lol!

Gomez the cat is after Gomez Addams. He's got kind of that same strange, off-the-wall personality. He also liked to run his little mouth up my arm when he was a kitten - like Gomez would kiss all the way up Morticia's arm.

Bear came with that name from the pound.

My Dad named Big. I have no idea why.

Mickey I named when I was 3, after a dog my Mom had when she was a little girl.

O'Reilly was named after Radar O'Reilly on M.A.S.H. since he was born blind (that "lethal white" gene) and needed extra senses and radar to get around.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-30-2005, 08:45 PM
Active Pup

Great thread, such fun to read!
Hagan- Means the "the highest son" in czech, a tribute to his great grandpa, who was my narc dog brought in from Chzech. (german shepherd)
Na Hoa- means our friend in hawaiian (german shepherd)
Kealia & Kohala-our to calico kitties, are hawaiian placenames
nick and nack-the two goldfish, my daughter named
I'm leaving out the horses and such, too long!
Old 03-30-2005, 11:03 PM
Big Mutts

It took us 2 weeks to name Carey.We just called her Puppy while we decided. My husband wanted to name her after something fat b/c she was a roly poly pup: Rikishi (fat wrestler), Porky, Porkchop All were vetoed by me, I wanted to name her something sweet or after her color (tradition in my family) I liked Honey, Ginger and Dixie. Finally we had to take her to get her puppy shots and I wanted a name before we went. So James says Drew for Drew Carey, I liked the Carey part. It fit with James' fat theme and James had a dog that was gone, who he thought she resembled, named Cleveland(where Drew Carey is from) So her full name is Carey Jo (just fit good with Carey, we add the Jo when she's not listening or in trouble) Puppy(from 2 weeks we called her that)

Smokey's full name was Smokey Bubba Bear. My mama named him Smokey for his color. I added Bubba kinda as a form of baby and Bear (Smokey the bear)
Old 03-31-2005, 02:15 AM
Big German Shepherd

Rocky because I knew I was getting the biggest dog in the litter.

Rocky, as you all may know, came from the movies. Rocky was a strong, agile boxer, always victorious.

Which is exactly what I expected from my headstrong GSD. To be a strong, agile dog. And it fit him perfectly. But he's a little demon sometimes.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:20 AM
Active Pup

Lennon was called like that because that's the name of the first OES we saw. Besides, we like The Beatles a lot.

Sofa was formerly called Sofia, but she jumped on the sofa as soon as we adopted her. She's such a couch potato that the name just seemed natural.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Big Dog

Default another question!!

toto bcuz i was 6 and couldnt think of another dog name ie wizard of oz

chase bcuz when we first got him my hermanito was afraid of him and used to run from him.. so he "chase"ed her..