Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 09-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Top Dog

The semen can stay alive for 24 hours MAX! Not days like many beleive.

Also, they told me Dixie only had maximum 5 pups, and she had 8!

She really needs someone with her during whelping, just in case, especially if it is her first.

Good luck, keep us up.

I am sure I will find out down the road, because we are moving north this weekend and I have got to get internet turned on up in the mountain via satellite somehow before I will be back.

Good luck, hope all are happy and healthy.

Old 09-19-2006, 02:08 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Have the pups been born yet? My Silky Terrier had 7 puppies (the 1st one was stillborn, but the others lived) and everyone told me that small dogs are supposed to have 2 or 3 puppies! lol! When we had out lab, she had 10 puppies! Good luck w/ whelping!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 09-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Collie Crazy

Puppies, where are you?!?!?

Im so anxious, is she doing alright?
Old 09-24-2006, 06:25 AM
GSD LOVER

Unhappy puppies born on Sept. 21st

It was a sad day... She did have 5 puppies but 4 were stillborn 1 is a happy number this time... When I spoke to my vet about the 4 stillborn he said that somethings can't be predicted.. I had told him before how she stresses when riding in the car... But he didn't think it would be a problem... But then there were many factors against us this time too....
I just got divorced from a real jerk! That is of course a good thing but the trip to our new home and being in a new place and in town when she is use to being out in the country.... I was home for the whelping too... She starting whelping about 2 am.. so I didn't go to work on the 21st I called in...

At least mom is healthy and so is baby.. Vet says both are doing well and he is sorry about the other 4... He said it could have been a lot of different things involved.... And that does include the stress of all the stress that I was feeling plus the stress she was feeling too....

I will post pics of mommy and puppy when I get my pics developed... Ya I still use the regular camera lol I will have to invest in a digital camera in the future....

The puppy is a little boy and he is going to grow fast.... Since he doesn't have to fight any other puppies off to nurse
Old 09-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Top Dog

Sorry for the loss of the 4 puppies but many congrats on the surviver, and Mum. fingers crossed everything goes smoothly now.

Mo
Old 09-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Top Dog

So sorry for your loss , but glad Mom and puppy boy are doing well. Did you work with the pups ?? I presume you did .....

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 09-24-2006, 11:13 AM
treehugging clicker freak

sorry for the loss of the puppies... but I guess that makes your new baby boy all the more special. I can't wait to see pics, and I'm glad to hear that mom's doing well.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 09-24-2006, 11:22 AM
Faint

I'm so sorry for your loss...choose wisely who gets this very special puppy.

Thanks Keyodie!
Old 09-25-2006, 07:33 AM
GSD LOVER

Thanks to all of you. Yes Grammy I did work with the puppies but it didn't work... This little boy is very special and he will get the best of homes.. Anyone who does receive this puppy will go through very strict screenings.. There are 2 families who are on the waiting list that were wanting a little boy. Both of these families are farely close to my home and both are working farms.... But both families know that I require pics. of puppy as it grows and that if they can't care for it for any reason that the puppy be returned to me at anytime in its life.. They also know that they will have to sign a written contract as to the care and wealthfare of the puppy as well...
Old 09-25-2006, 07:43 AM
BusterLove

tahst a good idea. glad your grandson is safe