Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Dog Spoiler

Angry People these days

I was walking Boomer outside today when a kid about 5-8 runs up to Boomer. Boomer is wagging his tail expecting to pet. Instead this little kid hits Boomer's face with a plastic shovel he was carrying. Boomer seemed stunned cuz he ran behind me to hide. I was so close to knocking this kid in the face. His dad wasn't too far behind. He came and actually laughed. OOOOHHH that made me sooo mad. I just started going off on this guy and he has the nerve to push me. Having a horrible temper, I pushed this guy back and on to his back. If there was no one around , this could have easily escalated into a fight but there was a crowd of about 3 golfers running my way. Turns out this guy was golfing and his kid was playing in the sand pit (real safe place for a kid). The other golfers were friends of his coming to help him out. Whatever happened to golfers being a gentlemans sport? Furthermore, What happened to people disciplining their kids and showing them respect for animals?

I've never been so mad. I'm proud of Boomer for not ripping off that kids face. I'm proud of myself for not kicking that guy in the face when I had the chance.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:51 PM
SHiH TZU LOVE

Question !!!

I cannot believe that! I am sorry, but I would have reported that to the police or something. What ever happened to respect?!
Old 03-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Island dweller

I agree. That's horrible. Poor pup.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:56 PM
Playful Husky Pup

Aww poor Boomer. Is it just me or are gets learning to treat animals badly more and more? Give him a hug for me

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 03-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Dog Spoiler

I wouldn't have cared as much except the dad started laughing. What kind of parent laughs when their kid hits an animal? Wasn't he a bit worried that this dog that outweighs his son probably around 40 pounds would rip him apart? Just doesn't make sense.

-Jon
Old 03-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Big Dog

Shyeah, that's horrible. Dad sounds like a jerk, and the kid is taking after him.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Top Dog

That's why I like dogs better than people.....I would have kicked his balls (LOL..golf that is!) (Another story I should post on General chat !)
Old 03-28-2005, 10:33 PM
Top Dog

Some people are just rude. Today when Princess did her great escape she was in someones yard, this guy came out and yelled for her to get out of here. He didnt see me. He drew back his leg like he was going to kick her so I hollared. He gave me this dirty look and walked into his garage. Dont blame you one bit for getting so angry. I know when I saw that guy act like he was going to kick my dog (even though she was trespassing) I think I could have jumped him if he had gone thru with it!
Old 03-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Island dweller

We got scolded today too. We were cutting across some guys field on the way to the river and he was afraid for his horses - which were fenced somewhere else. I've seen dogs get kicked! It's the dogs I'd worry about more.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Big German Shepherd

Shredhead, are you a guy? Because that sounds like something I would do, but I'm a bit more aggressive I would've probably done something worse .