Any advice for treats for small pups?

Khristine

So.. I bought Milkbone treats that advertised they were made from real bone marrow.. they were quite small and believe me Oreo & Ginger absolutely LOVED them.. but today i consider them unsafe because while i was grooming Oreo, he got too excited that i gave him one and it got stuck in his mouth!

At first I was like.. why aren't you chewing the treat? why are you keeping your mouth opened? lol .. And then 1 minute later while i was looking at him, i realized that it was stuck! he was still breathing fine.. i got soo scared and panicked.. i know how to do the heimlich maneuver & Cpr on humans.. but i had no idea what to do on Oreo! .. i was so scared of putting my finger to try to pry it out because he was moving his tongue so much that it was going deeper and deeper.. luckily.. my boyfriend just carefully did a fingersweep and it got unstuck!..

Boy was I scared to death. So after my long story, are there any treats that are tiny tiny? or melt in their mouth.. or something? i'm terrified of giving them treats... and just verbally praising them isnt enough.. any advice?

2pups622

Soon to Be 4 Pups!!
cherrios are great for them and they cant get stuck i still give my guys them even tho there older and baby carrots are good but there not small unless you cut them super small

Khristine

oh thats a good idea, and they are safe right? :p

are these the regular cherrios? or the honey nut cherrios lol.. sorry i'm soo specific! :D

2pups622

Soon to Be 4 Pups!!
either is fine but i usally give the regular ones

i pmed you just in case you didnt see it :D

Charlee Bear treats are very small. Fruit chopped up into small bits is good too. Innova dog food is pretty small too. Or break large biscuits into smaller pieces.

Adrienne

I use cat treats (Pounce, chicken/tuna flavor, moist) for training, they are the perfect size and soft.

Members online

No members online now.