Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Top Dog

Aww...yay for Chloe

Old 09-14-2006, 10:02 AM
cindr

Default Down stay long down stay

Hi everyone I you all have great suggestions with the long sit or down stay. I found that these avenues worked for me.

1) Place my dog in a sitting position. Walk out in front of her. Ask her to stay as I was staring at her. Dog stays go back reward.

2) Same sinario although this time I walk out in front of the dog ask her to stay then once out there turn my back on the dog for a few seconds. Turn and front the dog. Go back to the dog and happy praise begins.

3) same as no 2 but now I am taking large steps away from the dog again wait a few min's. Turn to the dog and go back Good Dog Now if in the mean time the dog has moved I go back to the dog and start again. I do not at any time bash it into the dog to do this job I just continue repeats after repeats and with that it has worked for me for the last 25 yrs.

We live on a 3 acre farm and if the dogs get out of straights with me. I will state my claim and sound the call the dogs will either fly like the wind in the recall or drop like a brick in a down. When they drop like a brick and I state Stay or Blibe boy do they do it. Now bashing and or aggressive training has ever worked and I really do like how all my girls work for me. So I hope this would help too
Old 09-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Teri's babies

Yay!! You go girlfriend! lol. I'm still working on the whole sit/stay and lay or down....Our progress is very slow.